Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Nice to Have versus the Must Haves

So I've got tons of things to buy, lotsa stuff to pack and random unfinished businesses to settle before my flight out to Nairobi. So, in the midst of it all, why am I still taking the time to blog?

Because this is a firm reminder to myself that I should never forget to stop, think and introspect in whatever I am doing and NOT get caught up again in the rush of things. And start learning to separate the Nice to haves versus the Must haves, otherwise I'll just be making myself stressed over something that should not be overly concerned about. Which to be honest, have been the way I have run my life mostly and have been the cause of all my built up stress, worrying and impatiences... If i just concentrate and focus on the Must haves, then everything becomes simpler.

Buying gifts for people in Nairobi is a Nice to Have, not a must have.

Buying food to stock up in my luggage is a Nice to have, not a must have. I dont need it and I can live without it.

Finishing up my tenancy agreement in London is a Must Have. That's why it is done.

Packing luggage to Nairobi is unfortunately a Must Have, so get it done Stace.

Meeting important people for lunch before you fly off is a Must Have too... thats why I'm taking my time with them and not rush off for other "Nice to haves". :)

No comments: