Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Nairobi Day 6

A pity I forgot to take pictures on this but the whole day today was spent preparing for the big party at night. Had lunch at Osteria Italian Restaurant with Paul at 1.30p.m and then scramble for groceries at Yaya before launching into full scale cooking. Managed to do some yoga at home too for an hour so felt quite healthy throughout the day.

At about 7.30p.m, the guests started streaming in...

The guest list:
  • Paul
  • Paul's mum, Grace
  • Paul's dad, David
  • Kook
  • Gik
  • Stace

The menu list:
  • Ba Kut Teh which has been boiled and simmered for 9 hours
  • Baked Chicken wings with sides of vegetables, carrots, potatoes, Zucchinis
  • Stir-fried vegetables consisting of snow peas, sliced carrots, onions with Prawns
  • Ma Po Tofu
  • Hazelnut Ice Cream for desserts
It was a really nice setting and Gik had allowed me to use his house to host the dinner. Everyone loved the house (why wouldnt they, I love the house the minute I saw it!) and they loved the food too (hee hee, a very proud moment for myself). I gave away some of my ba kut teh spices to Grace and Paul who was just amazed at the taste and simplicity of cooking it. All in all, i'm glad people had a good time (well maybe except Gik and Kook who were hijacked by David in a very very lengthy discussion and Paul and I couldnt save them early enough). :P

I also had a very nice nap on Stacey's Bed (the day bed Gik has in the living room) and only went to bed at 2am after being woken up by mosquitoes that hovered upstairs. 

Oh and I got flowers too from Kook! Heehee, I like receiving nice bouquets of flowers. :) Made me smile at night and in the morning when I saw it.

 

No comments: