Tuesday, August 07, 2012

My first day today

Met the ladies today for Brunch (how tai tai is that?)

Was the start of the first day of my new life and wanted to get started on a good note.

When both Jia and Fang came bursting in through the doors of Boomerang, my heart just lightened. It is utterly comforting to be surrounded by people whom u love and who loves you back. And they are such a positive force in your life, always smiling, always joking and always honest.

Well, they were honest with me in many ways and I have to give these girls credit. I am so proud of them and what they are doing, regardless which path they take, I can honestly say there is no wrong path as it is always backed by the right reason and the right support structure.

Anyway, we were reminiscing and all that, each of us pouring our grieves and new happenings and each of us listening and providing opinions. I think we make a good team. :)

Then I walked over to mum's office and for the first time, had a quiet, non-rushed coffee break with her. I have never had that in all my 4 years of Accenture life so it was also another good time spent. Jie was next with our little visit to the quaint shop of Antionette where we had savory crepes.

Finally, at night, I ended with dinner with Kor and Jie and also took 2 hours teaching mummy some basic Excel stuff she was desperate to learn. It was a good day and i felt useful and cheerful.

And instead of heading out for supper or chilling out at a bar, I ended up spending some time talking to someone over the phone. Just getting to know each other and reveling in the companionship of each other's virtual presence. And amazingly, the hours just passed so quickly... 

No comments: