Has it been 7 days already? Feels like I've been here for much longer cause everything seems so natural and comfortable here.
If I am back in Singapore, what would I be doing?
Certainly not waking up as early as I do (I would be sleeping in).
Certainly not lounging at a cafe reading (that would be too expensive to do on a daily basis in Singapore)
Certainly not exploring forests/ trails/ safaris over the weekend (There isnt such a thing in Singapore)
Certainly not busying myself buying groceries or cooking, 2 things which I love (My maid Judith does that)
Certainly not meeting up with friends for long lunches almost everyday (I don't have that many friends in Singapore who are free for long leisurely lunches)
Certainly not eating just-enough for lunch and not-so-much for dinner like how I do now (I definitely eat much more in Singapore)
Certainly not experiencing something new each day like going to the UN (Which was what I did today) or scouring around the city getting lost in the shortcuts of Nairobi
Certainly not soaking in city and suburb sights by taking leisurely drives around (I dont have the luxury of driving in the day in Singapore and the tube is mostly underground)
I'll probably be spending a large bulk of my day in Singapore in my room, watching TV or playing games and then some time during the day, I would venture out for yoga. Occasionally I may meet friends for a 1 hr lunch or most likely be joining my sis and kor for their lunches in RCT. For dinner, I would be eating at home and feeling fatter and fatter everyday cause everyone eats so much back home. At night, maybe drinking once or twice a week. Over the weekends its mahjong, coffee with family and then family dinner.
But to give in some credit and lure to Singapore, I would be going out on dates and sometimes these dates do turn out rather nicely. :)
Well, one thing for certain, I would be spending more money in Singapore than I am here.
If I am back in Singapore, what would I be doing?
Certainly not waking up as early as I do (I would be sleeping in).
Certainly not lounging at a cafe reading (that would be too expensive to do on a daily basis in Singapore)
Certainly not exploring forests/ trails/ safaris over the weekend (There isnt such a thing in Singapore)
Certainly not busying myself buying groceries or cooking, 2 things which I love (My maid Judith does that)
Certainly not meeting up with friends for long lunches almost everyday (I don't have that many friends in Singapore who are free for long leisurely lunches)
Certainly not eating just-enough for lunch and not-so-much for dinner like how I do now (I definitely eat much more in Singapore)
Certainly not experiencing something new each day like going to the UN (Which was what I did today) or scouring around the city getting lost in the shortcuts of Nairobi
Certainly not soaking in city and suburb sights by taking leisurely drives around (I dont have the luxury of driving in the day in Singapore and the tube is mostly underground)
I'll probably be spending a large bulk of my day in Singapore in my room, watching TV or playing games and then some time during the day, I would venture out for yoga. Occasionally I may meet friends for a 1 hr lunch or most likely be joining my sis and kor for their lunches in RCT. For dinner, I would be eating at home and feeling fatter and fatter everyday cause everyone eats so much back home. At night, maybe drinking once or twice a week. Over the weekends its mahjong, coffee with family and then family dinner.
But to give in some credit and lure to Singapore, I would be going out on dates and sometimes these dates do turn out rather nicely. :)
Well, one thing for certain, I would be spending more money in Singapore than I am here.
No comments:
Post a Comment