I tried unsuccessfully to wake up and cook breakfast but I just couldnt. Woke up with a scratchy throat, I think its the dust around and the change in climate. When I got to the kitchen, Gik was already toasting his bread and making jam and toast for himself. Well, at least someone in the house is eating breakfast. :)
I drove Gik to the embassy so I can usurp his car thereafter. I am completely and utterly hopeless when it comes to direction. So this is me in Africa, steering with one hand, the other hand grasping my phone with the google maps open, my eyes shifting between the road and the map and figuring out which way to go. I made my way to the famous yaya center which has the best sandwich place in Nairobi, Alexandre. I had a chicken Poulet Baguette with Mozzarella cheese. Divine and sinful. Sipping on a skinny mocha, I blogged and googled to my hearts content with the internet tethering function. It still amazes me that in such a seemingly dilapidated country like Africa, the 3G is better and faster than Singapore.
Oh well, check out my marvelous parking skills. :)
At yaya they have one of the best butchery so I bought 1Kg of chicken bones and chicken breast. Was all prepared to go back and start cooking when Paul called me for a late lunch at another one of my favorites, the Korean restaurant. Had a light lunch of kimchi soup, korean pancake and beef bulgogi and by 3.30pm, Paul and I had lost track of time and we both needed to rush off. I came back home by 4.00p.m and started cooking by boiling a huge pot of soup. I decided to go with soup cause of my throat, its best to have something "qing dan" for now. So i made 2 pots, one pot for just plain chicken stock and another pot for dinner tonight, a mixture of chicken stock, dried scallops and chinese white radish for sweetness. Both pots were simmering and giving off this flavorful smell but when i tasted it, it still lacked the full-bodied richness I wanted.
At 5.00p.m, i left for the gym downstairs, targeted my abs this time and just didnt feel into the gym routine. Guess I am starting to lose my mojo? *shudder* I hope not. Did an hour gym and rushed back to the house to check on my soups. Thank goodness that 2 hours of simmering made the stock more rich. Took storm out to watch a movie, could barely get pass 10 mins of the film when Paka started mewing. She wanted more food and wanted to be stroked. Gik messaged at 6.50p.m asking if kook could come for dinner too. Of course he can! i love kook! he is so fun to hang around. But now, im constrained by food and needed to scramble to make more dishes.
Was whipped up in a frenzy to start steaming eggs, shredding the chicken slices, cutting onions and garlic and zucchini for a vegetable dish, warming up the rice with additional water and squeezing lemons for lemonade! *phew*. The boys arrived at 7.30p.m and i was just finishing up. Had a fantastic dinner, everyone loved the soup (haha thank you very much) and it was just great company and like old times. We were trying to make plans what the 3 of us (and maybe 1 or 2 more thais) could do the next weekend. Kook was awesome fun and made me laugh so much but again by 10.30p.m, i was getting tired and wanted nothing more but to sleep. My throat was also not getting better, i hope its not one of those things that exonerate to a cough, fever and runny nose. Sigh...
Gik washed the dishes and Kook left promising to meet up on Sunday or Monday. Another day gone, and i feel happy cause I think i've been spending my leave days relatively well. :)
I drove Gik to the embassy so I can usurp his car thereafter. I am completely and utterly hopeless when it comes to direction. So this is me in Africa, steering with one hand, the other hand grasping my phone with the google maps open, my eyes shifting between the road and the map and figuring out which way to go. I made my way to the famous yaya center which has the best sandwich place in Nairobi, Alexandre. I had a chicken Poulet Baguette with Mozzarella cheese. Divine and sinful. Sipping on a skinny mocha, I blogged and googled to my hearts content with the internet tethering function. It still amazes me that in such a seemingly dilapidated country like Africa, the 3G is better and faster than Singapore.
Oh well, check out my marvelous parking skills. :)
At yaya they have one of the best butchery so I bought 1Kg of chicken bones and chicken breast. Was all prepared to go back and start cooking when Paul called me for a late lunch at another one of my favorites, the Korean restaurant. Had a light lunch of kimchi soup, korean pancake and beef bulgogi and by 3.30pm, Paul and I had lost track of time and we both needed to rush off. I came back home by 4.00p.m and started cooking by boiling a huge pot of soup. I decided to go with soup cause of my throat, its best to have something "qing dan" for now. So i made 2 pots, one pot for just plain chicken stock and another pot for dinner tonight, a mixture of chicken stock, dried scallops and chinese white radish for sweetness. Both pots were simmering and giving off this flavorful smell but when i tasted it, it still lacked the full-bodied richness I wanted.
At 5.00p.m, i left for the gym downstairs, targeted my abs this time and just didnt feel into the gym routine. Guess I am starting to lose my mojo? *shudder* I hope not. Did an hour gym and rushed back to the house to check on my soups. Thank goodness that 2 hours of simmering made the stock more rich. Took storm out to watch a movie, could barely get pass 10 mins of the film when Paka started mewing. She wanted more food and wanted to be stroked. Gik messaged at 6.50p.m asking if kook could come for dinner too. Of course he can! i love kook! he is so fun to hang around. But now, im constrained by food and needed to scramble to make more dishes.
Was whipped up in a frenzy to start steaming eggs, shredding the chicken slices, cutting onions and garlic and zucchini for a vegetable dish, warming up the rice with additional water and squeezing lemons for lemonade! *phew*. The boys arrived at 7.30p.m and i was just finishing up. Had a fantastic dinner, everyone loved the soup (haha thank you very much) and it was just great company and like old times. We were trying to make plans what the 3 of us (and maybe 1 or 2 more thais) could do the next weekend. Kook was awesome fun and made me laugh so much but again by 10.30p.m, i was getting tired and wanted nothing more but to sleep. My throat was also not getting better, i hope its not one of those things that exonerate to a cough, fever and runny nose. Sigh...
Gik washed the dishes and Kook left promising to meet up on Sunday or Monday. Another day gone, and i feel happy cause I think i've been spending my leave days relatively well. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment