Friday, August 24, 2012

Nairobi day 14

Got up in an extremely lazy mood today. We both lazed around the house, enjoyed home cooked breakfast, listened to music, surfed the net and just enjoyed each other's company. Gik showed me his old blogs and we both got stuck listening to silly songs like "Sha la la" and "Never fall in love again". By the time we left the house it was 10a.m! And we didnt even head to work directly, we went to Junction mall first to buy stringy sweets! hahahaha... By the time Gik got to work, it was close to 10.45a.m. oh my... I am to blame completely. :P

Anyway, I had to make my way to Paul's office (which was coincidentally near Unilever office) and after battling an hour long traffic mess, armed with my trusty coffee, I made my way to his office area.

Sat down with Paul and started interrogating him on his company and process. This is Requirements Gathering Phase. For lunch, we decided to continue the discussion at a new Java house. When we reached my car, guess what, I was boxed in. Miss smarty pants here (Your Truly) had parked in front of a shop and the owners of the shop didnt like it so they used 2 cars to box me in. These are the left and right pics of the car sandwiched in between 2 other cars. Ridiculous right. Almost had a nasty argument with them until Paul came to smooth things over. Urgh. I wanted to give them a piece of my mind.



Anyhow, we continued the discussion all the way till 3.00p.m, even when we changed venue to a new Java House. He left me for a meeting and I continued working on the spreadsheets. Hey, this was getting more complicated eh. Not only has he added in more requirements but even the variables, the dependencies and the decision criteria have changed. Now, i need to factor in weather condition, quality of land, range of projected output and actual production output variation.

Gosh. This was turning out to be a serious piece of work.

Was working on the spreadsheet until 7.30p.m! Gave Paul some homework to do cause he needed to give me the rest of the data and expected to receive it by tomorrow 9.00a.m. We'll see if he gets to it, though i highly doubt it. Its a typical client behavior, they will never give you before the stipulated deadline.

But I had fun today nonetheless. Fetched Gik at night and both of us enjoyed hotpot at a new Chinese Restaurant called Beijing Restaurant! They had unlimited Crabs, Prawns, Fish, Beef... ooh, everything was so fresh and we had a good time.

When we got back, both of us felt really full so we went to take a walk around the estate together. We walked for an hour, got back at midnight and happily close the day. :)

I feel like i am living the perfect life here in Nairobi. I take my time in things I wanna do, I choose what I want to do and I am happy all the time. I dont rush, I dont get too angry, I am more patient and my heart is so light here. Maybe all this is just a symptom of an awesome vacation but regardless of what it is, I am very happy everyday. :)




No comments: