Gik and I woke up with a startle. Outside, the wind was howling and the trees above us were making these horrible shuffling noise, like someone were raining a pack of cards above us. We felt like we were in the middle of a sandstorm or a tornado and the generator was off, so we couldnt see a thing. I got really frightened. (Well, then again, I am horribly afraid of the big bad darkness).
When I woke up again, the golden rays of the early morning sunrise was bathing the room and everything looked so magical. :)
We left at about 8.00p.m, after breakfast. I was starving cause I didnt have anything the night before and we proceeded for our last and final game drive. Again, not much but I can now say I am very comfortable peeing in the open now, or rather just behind the jeep in the open, with no one seeing my butt except for the animals around. Hee Hee.
These are the last photos of the group who went, 5 Thais and 1 Singaporean. Gik took some final pictures of me traversing the Jeep railings. He was highly amused at how delighted I was with my little moving playground. :)
Oh also have a photo of Gik and I wearing our headbands because the wind keeps flapping our long hair in the face. So we had to wear bandanas over our head all the time. So African.:)
Our pilot back to Nairobi this time, was a lady. And I felt better, just because I know that women pilot are better, they have a better sense of balance and that means the roller-coaster, ball-shrinking feeling will be minimized. And I was right, the trip back was infinitely more pleasant than the one we came in.
As we landed about 2.00p.m, I was feeling hungry and couldnt wait for lunch. In my mind, I was charting out where to go for lunch with Gik and the food we would order. As the pick up van made its way back to the thai embassy (for us to pick up the car), my stomach was growling and i was growing impatient.
Guess what, the Thai diplomats forgot to mentioned to me that they were invited, that Monday to the Malaysia Embassy to celebrate the end of Ramadan and the start of Eid. And... without asking me, they surreptitiously changed the route of the van to go directly to the malaysia embassy with me tagging along of course. And only when they have made that decision, they then asked me if I was alright with going.
WTH.
I ignored all of them and kept quiet.
I mean, dont ask me for the sake of asking if i already did not have any choice in the matter at all! Hmph. I wasnt pissed that I was going to the residence, I was pissed cause they were obviously pulling me along without first asking for my consent!!!
So we arrived at the Malaysia embassy and I couldnt black-face the whole time right. So I put on a smile, did a courteous salaam to the Malaysian Ambassador and wished him Selamat Hari Raya. Gik was surprised that I knew the customs of what to say and what to do (Duh, I live in Singapura, multicultural society leh). Anyway, my mood lightened up considerably when I saw they were serving lontong! Laksa! Satay!!! and Chicken Ayam!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!
Sat down and ate, chatted with a few friends of the Malaysia embassy who are living in Nairobi. Most of them are businessmen who are either developing property in Nairobi, doing filter businesses in Nairobi or owning bars/clubs in Nairobi. I hate to admit it, but i think i felt more at home and had more fun than my thai diplomats. Hee Hee.
We stayed for about 2 hours and then made our way back to the thai embassy, collected our car and then Gik and I headed to Toi Market.
Toi Market is a famous second hand market place, something like the thai Chachuchak Market. It is dirty and messy and there is no light in there and everyone is haggling. In short, it is so African that I love it. I ended up buying so many clothes, some of which Gik bought for me, a converse shoes and a Girly flirty jacket to wear in London. Hahaha... yay!
By the time we got home, it was so late, I barely had enough energy to stir fry ingredients that were past its expiry and cooked a rojak dish which turned out to be nice! We both enjoyed the meal alot. Hahahaha... I am such a good housewife.
When I woke up again, the golden rays of the early morning sunrise was bathing the room and everything looked so magical. :)
We left at about 8.00p.m, after breakfast. I was starving cause I didnt have anything the night before and we proceeded for our last and final game drive. Again, not much but I can now say I am very comfortable peeing in the open now, or rather just behind the jeep in the open, with no one seeing my butt except for the animals around. Hee Hee.
These are the last photos of the group who went, 5 Thais and 1 Singaporean. Gik took some final pictures of me traversing the Jeep railings. He was highly amused at how delighted I was with my little moving playground. :)
Oh also have a photo of Gik and I wearing our headbands because the wind keeps flapping our long hair in the face. So we had to wear bandanas over our head all the time. So African.:)
Our pilot back to Nairobi this time, was a lady. And I felt better, just because I know that women pilot are better, they have a better sense of balance and that means the roller-coaster, ball-shrinking feeling will be minimized. And I was right, the trip back was infinitely more pleasant than the one we came in.
As we landed about 2.00p.m, I was feeling hungry and couldnt wait for lunch. In my mind, I was charting out where to go for lunch with Gik and the food we would order. As the pick up van made its way back to the thai embassy (for us to pick up the car), my stomach was growling and i was growing impatient.
Guess what, the Thai diplomats forgot to mentioned to me that they were invited, that Monday to the Malaysia Embassy to celebrate the end of Ramadan and the start of Eid. And... without asking me, they surreptitiously changed the route of the van to go directly to the malaysia embassy with me tagging along of course. And only when they have made that decision, they then asked me if I was alright with going.
WTH.
I ignored all of them and kept quiet.
I mean, dont ask me for the sake of asking if i already did not have any choice in the matter at all! Hmph. I wasnt pissed that I was going to the residence, I was pissed cause they were obviously pulling me along without first asking for my consent!!!
So we arrived at the Malaysia embassy and I couldnt black-face the whole time right. So I put on a smile, did a courteous salaam to the Malaysian Ambassador and wished him Selamat Hari Raya. Gik was surprised that I knew the customs of what to say and what to do (Duh, I live in Singapura, multicultural society leh). Anyway, my mood lightened up considerably when I saw they were serving lontong! Laksa! Satay!!! and Chicken Ayam!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!
Sat down and ate, chatted with a few friends of the Malaysia embassy who are living in Nairobi. Most of them are businessmen who are either developing property in Nairobi, doing filter businesses in Nairobi or owning bars/clubs in Nairobi. I hate to admit it, but i think i felt more at home and had more fun than my thai diplomats. Hee Hee.
We stayed for about 2 hours and then made our way back to the thai embassy, collected our car and then Gik and I headed to Toi Market.
Toi Market is a famous second hand market place, something like the thai Chachuchak Market. It is dirty and messy and there is no light in there and everyone is haggling. In short, it is so African that I love it. I ended up buying so many clothes, some of which Gik bought for me, a converse shoes and a Girly flirty jacket to wear in London. Hahaha... yay!
By the time we got home, it was so late, I barely had enough energy to stir fry ingredients that were past its expiry and cooked a rojak dish which turned out to be nice! We both enjoyed the meal alot. Hahahaha... I am such a good housewife.
No comments:
Post a Comment