Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nairobi Day 9

It's a Friday! Haha well, someone told me that it was Friday and I just smiled because it seems like everyday to me is a Friday. Hahaha. Well technically, everyday seems to me like a public holiday. :) I'm so happy today.

Woke up relatively early but lazed in bed until noon! How unbelievable is that! I just spent the time browsing the net, playing games, skyping and I have no idea what else I did but time passed so quickly. By the time I got up to bathe, it was already getting to one in the afternoon and I needed to get my sorry ass off the very comfortable bed and into the very uncomfortable shower...

I drove to westgate cause I intended to do a bit of reading at Art Caffe. And my stomach was growling. But before that, I had to walk from Westgate mall to the roadside where people were selling their crafts and fresh animals (I kid you not, people are selling live puppies and rabbits there). Anyway, as a favor to Gik, I walked down that path where people bombard you with craftwork asking you to buy them and went ahead to purchase these chameleon artwork:

Chameleons in primary colors and one little one in White! I like White!
Proceeded to walk back to Art Caffe where I enjoyed my pesto pasta with Chicken and Macademia Nuts, accompanied with a refreshing Minty lemonade. All this while reading the third installment of MM Lee's book: Hard Truths. A very very good book I must say, the way it is structured makes it a very fast-paced reading speed and you can comprehend the depth of what MM Lee is trying to say.


Perhaps I am getting too influenced by my alcoholic friend, I ordered a Lambrusco Red to accompany me in my reading this afternoon! Yummy!

At around 5pm, I had to make my way towards the Thai embassy to fetch P'Gik and what an erroneous thing to do! I forgot it was a Friday and the infamous Nairobi Traffic. What normally takes me about 15 mins ended up being a freaking 1 hour 45 mins drive!!!!

But surprisingly, I bore it all in good humor (must have been the lambrusco haha) and continued my drive and waiting in line with a smile. Here's me all bundled up, waiting in traffic but still in good cheer.


Arrived at the embassy close to 7pm but Gik still wasnt done at work! He had an important meeting that was still ongoing so I had to wait for him at Osteria. A famous italian place where I ordered yet another glass of wine, continued my reading for the next half an hour before Gik finally messaged me that he was done. Sometimes, I wonder whether me taking the car away from him is a good thing cause it can be constraining to him. Where once he never needed to report to anyone what time he finished, nor worry about people waiting for him, this seems to be what he does everyday I am here. :(

Oh well, to conclude the week, Gik and I had dinner at tamambo, Village Market where we ate a lavish meal of Tuna Carpaccio, Caesar Salad and..... and.... a whopping serving of SEVENTY-TWO Fresh Oysters! Hahaha. Yes, it was a good dinner and no, neither of us had stomachache.

One of our 3 huge platters of Oysters, making the total count to be 72!




 

No comments: