Fetched Gik to work before making my way down to Capital one mall for breakfast.
Yay! It was the first time I didnt use a map to figure out the directions! Woo Hoo!
Sat at Java coffee and had a really nice breakfast sandwich of melted cheese, ham and egg. Gosh, delightful. And i also managed to read finish my book on tiger mom. Its a controversial book that has hit the market and is now gaining recognition because of the honest and true memoir of a chinese parent raising her children. She constantly differentiates her style of parenting against the western style, one being more harsh and demanding while the other being free and relaxed.
I can identify with the methods she mentioned because there are some components in there I see in my own upbringing. Thank goodness my mum was never that strict with me but yes, there are elements in there that ring true.
It is a good read and I will recommend it to anyone.
Changed money for Gik and myself to prepare for the safari trip over the weekend. Stocked up on my favorite kind of sweets, stringy sweets (which Gik steals off from me whenever he can! haha!) before heading off to meet UL folks for lunch.
Arrived at Panari hotel at 1.30p.m and made my way to the buffet level. It was just Mumbi I was meeting, someone who had worked in my team last year and we chatted, gossiped and took photos. Naturally, I paid for the bill and a nagging voice in me was telling me I should watch out for my expenses because I am not earning anymore. But you know, if you have higher earning capacity than your peers, I always believe that you should be the one paying. :)
Got home at around 4.00p.m where I started cooking chieken stew for dinner with the pressure cooker Gik has. I really like using the pressure cooker, it makes everything so easy. :)
Gik came home at 7.00p.m and we both enjoyed a nice dinner together, each holding our bowls, leaning against the kitchen top, chatting about our day and smiling while eating. It was very homely and I think this is the sort of atmosphere I would like to create in my future home next time with my future spouse.
Well, PangPang skyped me at 9.00p.m and Gik knew about it, so he nicely hung around in the kitchen waiting for me to finish my call. Another day gone by and again still doesnt feel like i have wasted my time at all. :)
Yay! It was the first time I didnt use a map to figure out the directions! Woo Hoo!
Sat at Java coffee and had a really nice breakfast sandwich of melted cheese, ham and egg. Gosh, delightful. And i also managed to read finish my book on tiger mom. Its a controversial book that has hit the market and is now gaining recognition because of the honest and true memoir of a chinese parent raising her children. She constantly differentiates her style of parenting against the western style, one being more harsh and demanding while the other being free and relaxed.
I can identify with the methods she mentioned because there are some components in there I see in my own upbringing. Thank goodness my mum was never that strict with me but yes, there are elements in there that ring true.
It is a good read and I will recommend it to anyone.
Changed money for Gik and myself to prepare for the safari trip over the weekend. Stocked up on my favorite kind of sweets, stringy sweets (which Gik steals off from me whenever he can! haha!) before heading off to meet UL folks for lunch.
Arrived at Panari hotel at 1.30p.m and made my way to the buffet level. It was just Mumbi I was meeting, someone who had worked in my team last year and we chatted, gossiped and took photos. Naturally, I paid for the bill and a nagging voice in me was telling me I should watch out for my expenses because I am not earning anymore. But you know, if you have higher earning capacity than your peers, I always believe that you should be the one paying. :)
Got home at around 4.00p.m where I started cooking chieken stew for dinner with the pressure cooker Gik has. I really like using the pressure cooker, it makes everything so easy. :)
Gik came home at 7.00p.m and we both enjoyed a nice dinner together, each holding our bowls, leaning against the kitchen top, chatting about our day and smiling while eating. It was very homely and I think this is the sort of atmosphere I would like to create in my future home next time with my future spouse.
Well, PangPang skyped me at 9.00p.m and Gik knew about it, so he nicely hung around in the kitchen waiting for me to finish my call. Another day gone by and again still doesnt feel like i have wasted my time at all. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment