Saturday, August 25, 2012

Nairobi day 15

Today I woke up ready to get the day started. Was excited about finishing up the spreadsheet for Paul and complete this "assignment". But alas, awoke to a message from Paul saying he hasn't done his homework. Alamak.

Well, Gik and I enjoyed a nice breakfast of the Tau Yu Bak which he never ate last night! Haha but he said it was nice and took some to work. 

After dropping him, I made my way to yaya center and went to Alexandre to chill. Finally finished blogging and editing my photos before Paul called and asked me where i was. We agreed to meet at cedars. I have never been there but apparently it's one of Paul's favorite hangout place. Unknown to me, the cuisine they were serving was Mediterranean or Turkish to be exact. 

It was awesome. I had this garlic paste thing an eggplant paste. Really good. And then I had the most amazing chicken wings ever, and all that drowned with a glass of sweet white wine. Bliss. 

So we worked on the spreadsheets for a good 4 hours.

By 6pm, we called it a day and left for gym. As we were near the embassy, I thought of dropping Gik's car off with Gik and Paul and I can go to crowne plaza in one car. Along the way I called Gik many times to inform him of this but he never seemed to pick up.

At crowne, I was looking forward to a good workout and the steam room. Ran for half an hour and did circuits for the next 30mins. When I went to take a bath, realized quite disappointedly that the steam was closed. Seng mak mak.

Oh well, Gik finally answered and said he will pick me up. So I went out to wait for him. After 15mins, he still hasn't arrived and I realized that it's because (1) he has never been to crowne plaza and (2) the landscape of upper hill has completely changed! No wonder he got a bit confused and lost in the dark. By the time he finally came, he wasn't in the best of mood and he said to me, why do I have to make things so complicated. Dammit, got scolded for nothing. Well it nothing, but something small.

We were both hungry and he seem to be getting a migraine. Plus after coolig down after 30mins, he shared with me that he didn't have the best of days at work. At home, I tried to fill our tummies with portobello mushroom and mozzarella. All the while slicing vegetables to prepare for my next dish. Sukiyaki. Yup, I found a recipe and decide to try making it from scratch. It was a success!

Gik and I enjoyed sitting by the stove in a stool eating out of the pot our homemade sukiyaki meal. ;)

After dinner, he fell asleep on the couch while I continued working and finishing up Paul's work. I feel like I'm back being a consultant but this time I'm working for myself and that feels AWESOME. 

No comments: