Thursday, August 23, 2012

Nairobi Day 13

Tuesday.

Fetched Gik to work in the morning, but not before enjoying a nice breakfast together at Java Coffee House where I ordered fluffy pancakes and he had a turkey cheese tomato sandwich.

During breakfast, I showed Gik something I have been working on for him for awhile. His personal budget spreadsheet! Gik was amazed and how easy it was to use and he started getting excited in using it. :)

I drove him back to the embassy and started making my way to another Java house in upper hill. Called Paul and we arranged to meet for lunch at Harbin restaurant but not before first having coffee at Java.

Went there, plopped open my latop and started editing photos of Samburu trip. When he arrived, he was complaining about a neckache and we both thought, lets go do a Thai massage in Nairobi! I asked Kook if he had any reference, got a number and then went ahead to book and confirm an appointment for 2.30p.m

While we were drinking coffee, I showed Paul the spreadsheets I had done for Gik and he was amazed. He wanted something similar for himself as well. and then he said, he wanted it for the farm! Because he has rising costs and no visibility on where these costs are going.

I jokingly told him that I charge 500USd for it and he shrugged his shoulders and said, thats nothing. Fine.

WOAH

But before we continued anymore, we left for lunch at harbin where I started on Paul's personal budget spreadsheet. We got all excited talking about the categories he was spending on and when we came to the part on insurance, he got all confused. Like why does anyone need insurance.

ALAMAK.

I gave him a good reprimand on why he needed insurance, especially when he has so many assets tied up and a mounting debt on the farm. Along the way, I have no idea how it came up but i started sharing on my kidney background.... He was pretty shocked.

Oh well, we left to explore Nairobi and find the Thai Spa which turned out to be quite elusive. It was on Riverside Garden Road so we went to a road called Riverside Garden and that was wrong. It turned out to be in another road called Gardens Road. (I mean WTH!)

When we saw the dilapitated building in front of us, we just stood there in horror, neither of us wanted to proceed forward and we were just looking at each other and echoing... "DODGY" over and over again. This was so different from what was publicized on the website. It was like someone's house and they just put 2 thin mattresses on the floor and claimed it a Thai Spa.

Anyway, undaunted, we went ahead with our massage which was quite expensive. Its about 50USD for 1.5 hours. It was good!!!! The Thai Masseurs were all professional and they were all tickled by how squeamish Paul was. He has a low threshold of pain and kept saying ow ow ow each time. Hahah, i know enought Thai to know the ladies were calling him a girl. Hahahahaha..



Anyway, it was a good experience. Haha. Paul dropped me home after we went grocery shopping at ABC center where I bought pork ribs and some vegetables and started cooking Tao Yu Bak. Yummy!

At 7pm, Gik messaged me that he will be going to another Thai person place for dinner! The audacity! And with Thai stewardess no less! AH!

He told me he wouldnt eat much but what are the odds of that!In the end, he came back at 9.30p.m, apologizing profusely for not being able to resist authentic Thai food and assuring me the Thai Stewardess are not as pretty as me. Hahahahahha :) Yup, that would be enough to win me over.

No comments: