Saturday, October 27, 2012

39, 40. Reflections

I started off wanting to write this post on the get-ups of Halloween and the crazy things I did last night like getting lost at Bank and being stubborn about my new shoes...
But today...

As I sit down at a cafe, drinking coffee to cure a slight hangover, I experienced 2 things:

1. My sis sent me pictures of Ryan's expressions (including his pooping face)
2. I read Ophelia's blog on her Reflections of the day. 

I was moved to tears not because I'm a crybaby (which I know I am) but the poignancy and sweetness of being a parent really shines through both of them. And at that moment, I was honored to have been given a glimpse to their lives and to experience their joy, their pride and their happiness. In a way, I feel happy that they are happy. Ophelia wrote about how life is unpredictable and how you never realize if something were to happen to people around you and I know its true. There will be moments of uncertainty and potential tragedy and just imagining "what-ifs" already put tears to my eyes but for now... I feel invigorated because of the happiness that they are in.

And suddenly, all the frivolous moments of drunkenness and party madness seem to matter less, and reflecting on my loved ones seem to matter more.

I only wish for good things to happen to all of you and I pray that you will always be happy. I gain happiness from your happiness and I gain strengths from your joy. So continue sending random pics of your little ones because I wanna share in your joy and continue writing about how blessed and loved you feel because people around you are inspired and lightened by you.

I love you Jie. :)

No comments: