Re-read my blog for the last few days and have been disappointed at myself for choosing the lazy and wrong route in terms of writing down my life in London.
Then again, it is my blog and I am more than entitled to write it whichever way I want.
But still, there must be more depth to this superficial regurgitation of how I've been spending my days no?
Where's the learning? The intelligence application? The soul-searching enlightenment that comes from deep introspection?
In a way, does it not reflect how I am in London now? That I seem to be living day to day with as much zest as a dried up apricot. How many times have I ended a day here with a blah note. How many days have I been inspired and courageous?
There are 2 school of thoughts here. One, that I am putting too much expectations on myself to be living it up, it has after all been less than one month and in between settling in, shift of orientation to school life and falling irrevocably ill, what energy is left to expend on other things?
The other thought is that I am simply not being courageous enough. Its not about venturing and trying new things, its about the attitude behind it all. Am I treating London as an adventure? Or am I treating London as simply a place of residence. Who actually is in charge of how much I get out of London? I certainly need to stop waiting for London to come to me but to bring msyelf out to London. What is your choice, do you choose to be a grumpy camper or a positive influence?
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
Then again, it is my blog and I am more than entitled to write it whichever way I want.
But still, there must be more depth to this superficial regurgitation of how I've been spending my days no?
Where's the learning? The intelligence application? The soul-searching enlightenment that comes from deep introspection?
In a way, does it not reflect how I am in London now? That I seem to be living day to day with as much zest as a dried up apricot. How many times have I ended a day here with a blah note. How many days have I been inspired and courageous?
There are 2 school of thoughts here. One, that I am putting too much expectations on myself to be living it up, it has after all been less than one month and in between settling in, shift of orientation to school life and falling irrevocably ill, what energy is left to expend on other things?
The other thought is that I am simply not being courageous enough. Its not about venturing and trying new things, its about the attitude behind it all. Am I treating London as an adventure? Or am I treating London as simply a place of residence. Who actually is in charge of how much I get out of London? I certainly need to stop waiting for London to come to me but to bring msyelf out to London. What is your choice, do you choose to be a grumpy camper or a positive influence?
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
No comments:
Post a Comment