Monday, October 15, 2012

23.24.25.26.27.School, Drinks and the Weekend

Last week passed like a blur.

Over the moon with the arrival of my baby Nephew, born on Friday! So happy was I, treated everyone to one round of drinks. Whee, will worry about money later.

Tried unsuccessfully to structure my studies. Completely flopped when I realize I have (1) no patience for reading long texts that I somewhat do not agree with and (2) still suffering from the annoying flu and can't seem to concentrate with the coughing and sniffling.

Apparently this is called the "Freshers Flu" which seems to be going around UCL and Shoreditch! Everyone is sick! Haha it is quite amusing.

Lessons improved slightly and I feel a little more comfortable with my choice of Msc and school. On Friday, when I met up with the prof and students in my degree for drinks, I took the chance to voice out some of the areas I had contention with which my prof has noted and will consider improving in the next few weeks. So maybe there is good things waiting. :)

Interesting stuff that has happened: Dora and I went to Sam's house on Thursday night for a movie! It was the first time we stayed out so late that we had to grab a cab back! Yay for sitting in a cab for the first time! :) Sam's place was really nice, it was big (made me miss my house in Nairobi!) and had a cool kitchen (wih all the gadgets that Sam was into). We snacked on Marks and Spencers cheese + Prosciutto while watching Boogie night. Dora and I slept at 3a.m that night!

On Friday morning, we both had to get up early cause class started at 9am and I had a whole day of class. When I returned home at 5.30pm, I was completely knackered and crashed in my bed for an hour before getting up, eat something very greasy (cause I know I was going drinking) and went back to school for a night of drinking with my friends from school. Sometimes, I love that my course has so little people (25) in there, it makes everything cosy and everyone is friends with each other. we all want to do things together and there is no one that is out of the group. Going out again on Monday night. :)

Spent most of my weekend with Sam on both Sat and Sun. We went to borough Market where I bought pork ribs to make... yes you guessed it! Ba Kut Teh! Overjoyed that I can cook that comforting soup, this time with noodles and not rice. On Sunday, Sam and I were supposed to go for Salsa but we got lazy and ended up walking around Regent park and having a late but leisurely lunch.

It was a good weekend, nice pace and though it was tiring, there were memorable moments here and there. :)





No comments: