Sunday, September 30, 2012

13. What an Eventful day today


What a day in London - Song remembered from Pocahontas 2

The sun comes up
The lamps go down
The day begins in
London town...

...They bring their geese
Their finest fleece
To please the keenest eye
And hope and pray
Someone will say
There's something they might buy...
...My heart is pounding like a drum
I can't believe my eyes
In London people seem to come
In every shape and size
So many paths
I wonder how they find their way
So many signs
I wonder what they really say...
 

...The things they sell, the things I smell
I never could describe
These cakes taste just like berries picked this very day
The sound a river makes still takes my breath away...

...London is everything I've heard and more
London is nothing like I've seen before
Music and feathered hats and roofs that shine
with flags flying higher than a pine...

...What an extra special day
Unique in truly every way
How wonderful this London day
Turned out to be

No comments: