Sunday, September 23, 2012

7. Sunday and the London Rain

I finally understand why I have been feeling so lethargic in the past few days, so disinterested in everything and lack of appetite.

My period came today. Yup.

Again, it has come 1 week earlier than planned.

Something is up with my body. It cant be my period has suddenly decided to manifest itself in 3 weeks as opposed to the usual 4 weeks. My regularity has always been something I've been so certain about and for the last 3 months, it has been suddenly taken on a 3 week cycle. Maybe I shouldn't have postponed that trip to the gynecologist.

Oh well, whats come has come. Life still goes on.

At 9.00a.m, Theodora and I went to Hoxton street for breakfast. We settled on this nice cafe and had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. We started experiencing the unpredictable rain that was so common in London. But I didnt felt a thing, well simpe cause I was all dressed up and wearing a beret and the rain was rather light.

At 10.30a.m, We headed off to a church which I found off Chandall Street. It said contemporary service so in we went. I was afraid Theodora wouldnt be able to understand the worship because she came from a Greek Orthodox church which basically follows a more traditional route like the Catholic Church. I was explaining to her the sequence and what she might expect to see.

I didnt need to worry. She took it all in like a charm. The worship was good, they played songs that I was very familiar with. If i were to describe the service, I would say it is a mix of the Wesley Main service and the P&P session. They followed the structure of the normal order of service but they lengthen the song times so we spent more time for worship. Exactly as I like it to be. :)

Anyhow we also had Holy communion this time. They served REAL BREAD and REAL WINE! But i think my sis will shun away from their practice of serving Holy Communion. While the bread is broken by the pastor... the Wine is served in a single cup which everyone takes turn to drink from. Each time someone finishes sipping, the cup bearer wipes the edge for the next person. Haha. Unhygienic? You betcha. But its their church practice and I think its fine. Besides, it's Holy Communion. It has been almost a year since I've had Holy Communion.

Church ended at noon and we shopped at Poundland before heading back to shoreditch. I was very cold this time and my cramps are acting up again. The rain took a turn for the worse and we were quite wet by the time we reached back. Being back in the confines of the room sure is comforting.

By the way, did an inventory of the list of things not working in my room...
1) The ceiling fan which was supposed to take away the smoke from the kitchen hob before it reaches the smoke detector
 2) The radiator which is supposed to be on when the outside temperature drops

For now, I'm just lazy to get these done and reported. Why? Because I dont want a couple of men to be in my room, wearing their shoes in, making my room dirty. I also, at the moment have no need for these 2 stuff to be working.

All I want is to huddle up in bed with hot water and painkillers.  

No comments: