I need to be careful with how I approach London. Going to Africa have taught me the good things I have done to prepare for it and what else I was lacking. So I need to start categorizing stuff...
Lets approach everything systematically: I should have 2 lists, a packing list and a buying list. What goes into the packing list should be things I wanna bring from Singapore to London. But I need to be careful and selective considering (1) I only have 25kg of luggage space and (2) I am coming back in December so technically I can still bring more stuff over then.What goes into the buying list are things I know I should get from London and not spend the extra weight and money to get it from Singapore to there.
Things I learn from Africa - I did well bringing truck loads of food in the beginning cause they sustain me all the way till the end. I did well in also bringing all my heavy clothes up front so I didnt have to carry them back and forth in the middle of my trips. I did not think too much about the planning of my space in Africa so I had to live with cupboards that did not have linings, shelve space that was not properly utilized because of haphazard and spontaneous dumping. Towards the end, I finally got things organized by bringing up charcoal lining for the fridge and shelves, makeshift box drawers from IKEA. But I couldnt help wishing I figured all those out much earlier before and all the trouble I would have saved. So now...... Heehee... NOW, i learn. :)
Complications in London that worries me - Its freaking cold and I dont do well with cold. I need extra thick clothes and apparently I have to carry an umbrella around. Me. Can you imagine me with an umbrella? Unfortunately, the apartment I am living in does not come with the amenities like bedsheets, pots and pan etc. I need to buy those or carry them up. And yes, i also have to consider things are much more expensive in London then they are in Singapore.
After talking so much crap, I'm still back to square one on where the hell do I begin. For now, I just know my complications but dont know my plan of action. Oh well, one and a half more weeks to figure it out.
Lets approach everything systematically: I should have 2 lists, a packing list and a buying list. What goes into the packing list should be things I wanna bring from Singapore to London. But I need to be careful and selective considering (1) I only have 25kg of luggage space and (2) I am coming back in December so technically I can still bring more stuff over then.What goes into the buying list are things I know I should get from London and not spend the extra weight and money to get it from Singapore to there.
Things I learn from Africa - I did well bringing truck loads of food in the beginning cause they sustain me all the way till the end. I did well in also bringing all my heavy clothes up front so I didnt have to carry them back and forth in the middle of my trips. I did not think too much about the planning of my space in Africa so I had to live with cupboards that did not have linings, shelve space that was not properly utilized because of haphazard and spontaneous dumping. Towards the end, I finally got things organized by bringing up charcoal lining for the fridge and shelves, makeshift box drawers from IKEA. But I couldnt help wishing I figured all those out much earlier before and all the trouble I would have saved. So now...... Heehee... NOW, i learn. :)
Complications in London that worries me - Its freaking cold and I dont do well with cold. I need extra thick clothes and apparently I have to carry an umbrella around. Me. Can you imagine me with an umbrella? Unfortunately, the apartment I am living in does not come with the amenities like bedsheets, pots and pan etc. I need to buy those or carry them up. And yes, i also have to consider things are much more expensive in London then they are in Singapore.
After talking so much crap, I'm still back to square one on where the hell do I begin. For now, I just know my complications but dont know my plan of action. Oh well, one and a half more weeks to figure it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment