Sunday, September 23, 2012

6. The first Saturday! What will Stacey do?

Why, stay in the apartment the whole day of course...

Felt like I have been walking around so much the last 5 days, been seeing and looking and carrying and worrying... Just felt like I needed a break.

And also I felt really tired. And have no idea why.

Staying home in my apartment gave me the chance to tidy up the administrative stuff for school like settling my email account which was a rather complicated process... my new email is ridiculous, it is ucjthua@ucl.ac.uk. I mean what does ucjthua mean? Where's the stacey in there? Gosh... but anyway, that is my username for the next year henceforth.

Also settled my oyster travel card for students which will allow me to travel at half the price.


In the morning, I got up to cook breakfast - pasta with vegetables and the leftovers I had another portion for lunch. Around 5.00p.m, I went out to buy groceries, came back and my dinner consisted of yogurt, 4 grapes and 3 sausages. yea, not much. Just not in the mood to eat nowadays so I end up eating quite little at night.

At 8.30p.m, again, the iQ shoreditch tenants requested to go to nearby pubs and drink. We met at the reception and walked towards Hoxton square which is a 5 min walk from my place. There are loads of bars/ restaurants around there and it is quite famous for their clubs too. While walking, we passed by a man giving out flyers so I politely took one and so did some of my group.

It turned out to be for a free entry to a pub with a free drink! Cool! so on we went to the bar called Floripa. For those that did not take the flyer, they were asked to pay 5pounds for entry. Haha. This shows it pays to be nice. :P

The group drank and danced merrily there for 1 or 2 hours and by 12 midnight, I was done so I left ahead to go back. Yalan ( a Singaporean who just moved in to Shoreditch) went along with me and Theodora).

One more day over. Why do I find myself looking forward to going back when I just got here?






No comments: