Wednesday, September 19, 2012

2. I feel Like Cinderella

Woke up at 4.30a.m and didn't stop scrubbing, wiping, cleaning the drawers, making sure everything was spick and span until 8.30am!!!! That's 4 hours of back-bending, knee crawling and hands vigorously moving!

Well, i'm glad to say that after that, i have finally cleaned every creak in my room (except for the toilet). Feeling hungry, I left my suite to head to Tesco, a supermarket. I got lost at first but after finding my bearings, I located the mini supermarket. Tesco just provides food so I stocked up on some necessities like oil, pasta, water and fruits. Is it just me or is everything so crazily expensive here!!!!!

Anyway, I had to lug all of it back on my own and my arm was killing me cause the weight was incredible. I have to start learning to restrain myself from buying it all in one shot just cause im so used to a car around.

When I got back, it was around 10.00a.m and I still havent had any food. So out I went, this time to explore oxford street so I can buy a duvet and pillows. Golly, this is my first time exploring the city via the tube and it turned out to be all relatively easy! I think if anyone can figure out Singapore's MRT, this should be easy breezy.

Shopped around oxford, John Lewis (too expensive), Muji (too expensive), Marks and Spencers (too expensive). Finally settled on BHS and it was perfect pricing. Value for money goods and I hauled away with a duvet, cup, 2 pillows, frying pan, frying stick and covers for the duvet and pillows...

Phew.... I had to lug that all the way back home via the tube. In between, stopping to get my mobile access to 3G in London.

When I got back yet again... I started tidying up my room and making sure my new buys are placed correctly.

And out again I went, this time to the one pound store I searched online. Found one that was a 15 min walk from my place so out I went again. When I reached the 1 pound store I felt like I was in heaven! Firstly, the neighbourhood it was in was so quaint, it had these lovely cafes and shops around. And then, who doesnt love Daiso of London! So made alot of purchases here, like utensils, brushes, hand towels,a big 2013 year planner, dustbin etc...

As I was walking back, I got enticed by this shop that said fish and chips! Havent people always told me to go try the fish and chips in London? So in I went and bought meself a battered cod fish.



Took a bite and thought to myself, what was the fuss all about? Threw half of this away cause I couldnt finish it. :(

Anyway, when I came back, I got down on my elbows and knees to start scrubbing and mopping the floor down. After 3 cycles of hand-washing my floor I can now finally walk around my room barefeet! yay! Cooked instant porridge and did my accounts. Feel like cinderella, cleaning the whole day , on my hands and knees and being given only porridge to eat at home... :)

Some highlights of today - (1) I bought a cute laundry bag that said GIANT laundry bag. (2) A picture of my building where I am residing on the 7th floor and (3) The shoes that are now my life saver and has brought my everywhere. I dont wear boots anymore cause with all the walking I just want my flats....(4) Oh yea, and Ji Teow and Ji Yi face time with me today too, for just 5 minutes to see the apartment...



Oh yes, I finally keyed in my accounts... Since being here 2 days ago.. I have already spent $418 pounds... :( thats almost 1000SGD.... Well, it is still planned for and according to the budget. At least I am not overspending. 


No comments: