So, I woke up pretty bummed because I slept at 7.30p.m last night and I woke up at 5.00a.m. Thats alot of sleep! But I wasn't bummed about feeling tired or sleeping so much, I was just a little peeved that the orientation program is nothing short of... sucky. Which means I could have stayed in Singapore a little longer, one week longer to be exact.
And to make matters worse, I looked at the program for next week and guess what? Equally sucky! Other than having a program introduction course (which starts on a Tuesday, Monday has nothing on), the rest of the week is dedicated to funfare for Freshers which just means more partying and boozing and definitely not what I came here for. Oh well, guess I just have to make it up for more sightseeing. :)
Met Theodora again and we went to embarkment station because I found this really cool website which features guided walks in London. www.walks.com
Was interested in the National Gallery walk so we headed to the south bank of London for lunch. Stopped by at a sushi place which served horrible and expensive sushi (sushi is really expensive here in London!) and proceeded to take a leisurely walk around the area.
We saw the bridge, the graffiti corner, cafes made out of containers, had tea, discovered Gabriel's wharf and we were just smiling and smiling all the time.
We even looked so much like tourists that students came up to us to ask us questions. Alamak.
At 2.15pm, we went to meet the guide at the station and she was a very small English Lady with poise and how do I say this, she moves like old-money. If you know what I mean. There is a queenly manner about her. And her choice of words and manner of speaking? Witty, articulate, cogent and mixed with old English words which I love and all delivered with eloquence.
She guided us through the major works inside the museum and she told a story on every piece and made us follow a story line. I learnt so much from this women in this 2.5 hour journey and shall never look at a piece of art the same way again. The things she say about vantage point, dimensions, shadows, references, inspirations, challenges, realism, naturalism, impressionist, romantics, monet, titian, claude, Botticelli, aquamarine, colors, Rubens, Giovani bellini, Rembrandt, Jan Van Eyck, the battle of san romano, John Constable and his Hay Wain, the Wilton Diptych... Amazing...
Well, Theodora and I walked out breathless with the sheer amount of information and jaw-dropping moments. I think this is what studying in London should feel like, when you are utterly impressed with everything you have learnt and the lecturer takes you on a journey you are just swept away by.
Oh well, to end off the day, we went back to take a quick rest before a night of drinking. On the tube back, this man was playing guitar in the tube carriage itself. There was no where to go or hide from him! he kept telling the women to smile and then he kept singing his song. people were either looking at him courteously or pretending to sleep.
Back home, I felt really hungry. Well what do you expect.. my lunch was just 3 sashimi, 2 salmon sushi and 2 pieces of small maki. So I fried a huge pot of brocolli, carrots, mushroom and prawns for dinner. Yup, no Carbo. I couldnt even finish this whole thing so I had to throw some away. Oh well...
At 9.00p.m, we left for the bar. Made some new friends, went club hopping, drank a little and went back home. I'm too old for clubbing, seriously man.
I miss him.
And to make matters worse, I looked at the program for next week and guess what? Equally sucky! Other than having a program introduction course (which starts on a Tuesday, Monday has nothing on), the rest of the week is dedicated to funfare for Freshers which just means more partying and boozing and definitely not what I came here for. Oh well, guess I just have to make it up for more sightseeing. :)
Met Theodora again and we went to embarkment station because I found this really cool website which features guided walks in London. www.walks.com
Was interested in the National Gallery walk so we headed to the south bank of London for lunch. Stopped by at a sushi place which served horrible and expensive sushi (sushi is really expensive here in London!) and proceeded to take a leisurely walk around the area.
We saw the bridge, the graffiti corner, cafes made out of containers, had tea, discovered Gabriel's wharf and we were just smiling and smiling all the time.
At 2.15pm, we went to meet the guide at the station and she was a very small English Lady with poise and how do I say this, she moves like old-money. If you know what I mean. There is a queenly manner about her. And her choice of words and manner of speaking? Witty, articulate, cogent and mixed with old English words which I love and all delivered with eloquence.
Well, Theodora and I walked out breathless with the sheer amount of information and jaw-dropping moments. I think this is what studying in London should feel like, when you are utterly impressed with everything you have learnt and the lecturer takes you on a journey you are just swept away by.
Oh well, to end off the day, we went back to take a quick rest before a night of drinking. On the tube back, this man was playing guitar in the tube carriage itself. There was no where to go or hide from him! he kept telling the women to smile and then he kept singing his song. people were either looking at him courteously or pretending to sleep.
Back home, I felt really hungry. Well what do you expect.. my lunch was just 3 sashimi, 2 salmon sushi and 2 pieces of small maki. So I fried a huge pot of brocolli, carrots, mushroom and prawns for dinner. Yup, no Carbo. I couldnt even finish this whole thing so I had to throw some away. Oh well...
At 9.00p.m, we left for the bar. Made some new friends, went club hopping, drank a little and went back home. I'm too old for clubbing, seriously man.
I miss him.








No comments:
Post a Comment