Dear Future Stacey,
I have just arrived in London, the place we have dreamt about since we were young where we fantasized on doing nothing but just admiring the buildings and walkways. I am writing a letter to you as a firm reminder to myself to always know what I came here for and what I want to achieve in the next year or so.
Above all, I hope at the end of one year, I can be a better person than what I am today. Not just in terms of the knowledge that I will gain but also character-wise, that I will learn to make the right decisions, that I employ the right attitude and perception to my situations. That I face any problems with strength and diligence and not shun away from challenges with cowardice or worse, malice. That my actions in the days in London show dignity, poise and intelligence that would make my loved ones proud of.
I wish that I would broaden my global experience when I am here beyond the sights of different cities. I wish that I will be brave enough to explore, to make friends, to understand the different countries, cultures and personalities I will inevitably come across. That I will not be a couch potato and stick to my room but have the heart and guts to travel, even when it means doing it alone. To explore when I have nothing to do and have time to spare, to plan journeys and not be hesitant to start on them.
I hope that studying in London will give me a chance to pour my energy back to Academia and allow me to explore the possibility of this as my next career move. To approach every module/ every course and every piece of work with patience and assiduity, and always to always, think and apply my intelligence in my work and not blindly do. To be able to say at the end of one year, I have approached my Masters with the right attitude and pace and I have given it what it deserved. If my Masters program should prove to be a sham (if!), that I will still learn to be able to take away something and not hesitate to pull away should it comes to that.
I hope that I can be closer to God in my time here. To go to church regularly and pray faithfully, to give thanks for the ups and downs I will face and to stand firm in my faith.
I pray that I will not be reduced to a parsimonious lifestyle, to be content at times and not afraid to be generous in others. That I will continue to be disciplined in keeping to my budget but yet understand the simple fact, that money is to be spent for the enjoyment of self and others and I should never hold it too tightly.
I hope, just a teeny hope (and it is now a little spark growing in my heart) that I will find love. That being in London can let me see or find out if there is a special someone whom I can spend the rest of my life with.
I wish, that at the end of my London stint, that I will learn and grow to love myself a little more and be content with myself.
Love,
Stacey on 19th September 2012
I have just arrived in London, the place we have dreamt about since we were young where we fantasized on doing nothing but just admiring the buildings and walkways. I am writing a letter to you as a firm reminder to myself to always know what I came here for and what I want to achieve in the next year or so.
Above all, I hope at the end of one year, I can be a better person than what I am today. Not just in terms of the knowledge that I will gain but also character-wise, that I will learn to make the right decisions, that I employ the right attitude and perception to my situations. That I face any problems with strength and diligence and not shun away from challenges with cowardice or worse, malice. That my actions in the days in London show dignity, poise and intelligence that would make my loved ones proud of.
I wish that I would broaden my global experience when I am here beyond the sights of different cities. I wish that I will be brave enough to explore, to make friends, to understand the different countries, cultures and personalities I will inevitably come across. That I will not be a couch potato and stick to my room but have the heart and guts to travel, even when it means doing it alone. To explore when I have nothing to do and have time to spare, to plan journeys and not be hesitant to start on them.
I hope that studying in London will give me a chance to pour my energy back to Academia and allow me to explore the possibility of this as my next career move. To approach every module/ every course and every piece of work with patience and assiduity, and always to always, think and apply my intelligence in my work and not blindly do. To be able to say at the end of one year, I have approached my Masters with the right attitude and pace and I have given it what it deserved. If my Masters program should prove to be a sham (if!), that I will still learn to be able to take away something and not hesitate to pull away should it comes to that.
I hope that I can be closer to God in my time here. To go to church regularly and pray faithfully, to give thanks for the ups and downs I will face and to stand firm in my faith.
I pray that I will not be reduced to a parsimonious lifestyle, to be content at times and not afraid to be generous in others. That I will continue to be disciplined in keeping to my budget but yet understand the simple fact, that money is to be spent for the enjoyment of self and others and I should never hold it too tightly.
I hope, just a teeny hope (and it is now a little spark growing in my heart) that I will find love. That being in London can let me see or find out if there is a special someone whom I can spend the rest of my life with.
I wish, that at the end of my London stint, that I will learn and grow to love myself a little more and be content with myself.
Love,
Stacey on 19th September 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment