Friday, September 21, 2012

3. Wednesday on my own

Had a very good sleep last night. Was probably tired after all that cleaning and shuffling so I slept early and I woke up about 6.30a.m.

Somehow, my body just felt compelled to change clothes and get ready to go out! Was i being silly?

At around 7.30a.m, I walked out to the brisk and cold London air and head straight to Picadilly. Was thinking of exploring Chinatown because what would I do without Soya Sauce? :P

Anyhow, turns out it wasn't a very good idea because Chinatown only opens at 11.00a.m. Damn. But I did get to see the amazing fountains, art pieces and take in the architectural beauty of the place.

Well, nestled into a coffee place and enjoyed a good sandwich and mocha for breakfast while drumming away at my computer.

At 10.30a.m, decided to see what else is out there and walked around Chinatown to Leicester Square (pronounced as Lester Square). Found many restaurants all offering chinese/ thai/ korean food so I'm sure missing Asian food might not be a problem. I located the supermarket I wanted to visit called New Moon Loon (Websites i have been to have compared it as better, more variety and cheaper than the others) and I was blown away!

They have so many things here! And it fresh to boot! Here's what they have... DURIAN, Chrysanthemum tea, Chinese herbs like ginseng and red dates and KiChi. They also have pre-packed ba kut teh spices and all those instant sauces that I like to buy. I was so enthralled by this stall, I rolled up my sleeves and tarted loading up my shopping basket.



Bought bowls, bought herbs and spices and all my necessary sauces. There were so many foreign brands of soya sauce and oyster sauce to choose from I didnt know which to get so I settled for something I was most familiar with!


So I left Chinatown with one huge bag of stuff. I couldnt be shuffling around the place with this so I had to head back home to drop off the goods. On the way back, I stopped by a bookstore and picked up a book for 1 pound. I just bought it cause the title jumped at me,the book color was unique, I like the "Charles-Dickson-lookalike" binding of the book. :)


Enroute home, Miss Stacey here did a stupid thing. I know I am strong for a girl but sometimes, I tend to overestimate my strength and liken it to a guy. So there I was already holding one big bag of things and I was thinking to myself, why not stop by the supermarket on the way home so you can just lug them all back together!

In I went to the supermarket to get food to cook for lunch, so things like mince beef, chicken, vegetables, more cleaning agents, detergents... and oh yes... a 5KG bottle of water.

My arms died.

I was alright walking back with everything for a good 300m but the last stretch home... I was stopping every 10m, panting my sorry ass on the road and then picking everything up to lift them back home again. When I got back home, I was sweating, my arms and wrists were hurting and I was just swearing at myself on why I had to be so obstinate and impatient.

Set out to cook lunch - brown rice with mapo tofu! And I even had enough to pack away for a meal another day. Yummy! My brown rice had a nutty flavor to it, I like it! and it was very easy to cook too in the thermal pot.



At about 8.00p.m, I joined a group of tenants living here for a drink opposite the road. It was quite alright, I made some new acquaintances and also discovered some whom i would like to stay away from... well.. everyone was so young! They were all 18 or 19 and I was the oldest!

I just felt compelled to treat all of them for the first round.... It ended up to be only 60 SGD so I thought no big deal la, they all remind me of my young cousins... well...

Oh! Everyone said I looked like a young undergraduate! hahaha at that moment, I was really proud of my chinese genes... hee hee

Came back at 11.00a.m and concussed! What an eventful day!

No comments: