Sunday, September 01, 2013

Weekend past

Completed 2 books already and still reeling from Jet-lag. How can the nights seem so torturous to get through?

Went to Church today, after what seemed like a very very very long time. It has been completely rebuilt and refurnished. Looks cool and with a new set of faces to the speakers and worship team. I felt a little alien to the surroundings and the people, I guess that does not really matter when you're in church. This reminds me, I should start looking for a church around London Bridge area.

Today's sermon was also a little unusual. Oh well, probably best left to ponder over the next few days.

Chicken rice lunch plus Tile shopping, WC choosing, comments on new house, then headed out for coffee (tall-non-fat-no-whip-mocha) before spending the entire night with Ryan watching him scoot around in his little white Lamborghini.My sister said he was a privilege child... he certainly is. And a happy one. :)

Last night was Tracy's 21st birthday party and the family gathered around. I couldn't help but notice... has there been some sort of tension going on? Our conversations seem to have weakened to a superficial level of hello, how are you, have you start work etc. My sis and my mum arrived late and there was no more space in the main table for me... so I was left to speak to another group of my family members and I couldnt help but feel like I just wanted to run away... is it because of what I know about them that has impacted my feelings towards them, is it because of the years I have been away that has resulted in a lack of interesting questions to ask each other? since when did I start feeling like a stranger in my own tribe? Or is it inevitable that as we grow older, we take sides, we stick to the usual company, we dont talk to people who might be wasting our time...

A new week is going to start tomorrow, I should have a plan on what I want to do day by day. Lazing in bed and read all day is just not substantial enough, no matter how enticing it does sound :)

No comments: