Hi Everyone
Landed in London after a very long 13 hours flight and this was after a very sleepless night (think I only slept for less than 3 hours). After many failed attempts at trying to sleep on the plane, I gave up and just gave in to the variety of movies over there. I watched, an English Hollywood movie, a French movie, a Japanese movie and ended off with a Chinese movie.
Getting back to London Bridge was relatively easy, Heathrow express then taking a cab back. Only thing was it was rush hour so it took me an hour to reach. Oh well. Doesn't matter, I needed to conserve energy for the big move the next day. When I got back, I had a ton of errands to run, collect laundry, collect parcels from the porters, get food (sushi) for dinner, meet the guy from the new apartment to get the keys, check out the new place... I collapsed in bed at 9pm.
Friday was a seriously hectic day. Woke up at 6a.m and scrambled to re-pack the luggage and any loose bits and bots around the house, meet the Man in a Van at 8.45a.m (Ed and Andrew came to help too) and start moving shit out of the house. It was f***ing (excuse the expletives) tiring! The 2.5 hour of non stop moving boxes from house to lift to van to lift to new house was just beyond insane. The guys had pools of sweat around their shirts and I felt bad they were doing this free labor for me. Anyhow, once we got all the stuff into the apartment (check out how much shit we both have)...
Anyway, I had no time to slack. It was unpacking time before my scheduled dinner party starts. After another amazing lunch at Jose, I went back to unpack the neverending stream of boxes. The place was small so there were not alot of places these boxes could be tucked away. At the end of 5 hours, I must admit I've been pretty good at hiding things... under the sink, under the bed, inside the kitchen cupboards...
Ed came back after he took a short nap at home and helped me unpack even more. He also bought me a house gift! White Orchids! How pretty and how sweet of him. :) Well, it wasn't long after that people started streaming in and the dinner started.
Dora had cooked everything, spinach pie, moussaka, greek dessert and salads. It was all amazing and she put in such effort in making it and bringing it here. Such a gem. :) At first, people were starting to get confused on how to get here but eventually all made it. I had 10 guests in total.
It was an amazing dinner. Everyone was open, everyone was talking, conversation was flowing, people were drinking (good wines thanks to Sam's collection) and people were laughing and smiling. It was really really good. I'm happy everything was successful and only thanks to people who were there who were open and friendly and just everything that makes them great guests to have around. :)
I am really looking forward to hosting more events like this. I think Sam would like it too.
People started leaving at about 11.30pm and they were helpful to even stay and wash the dishes (I didn't see them do it, else I would have told them there was a dishwasher!) After tidying up the apartment, I crashed into bed setting my alarm clock for 2.30am. Sam was finally coming home!!!
He came back at 3am and I gave him a grand tour of the house and we concurred that we really like this place, both of us looking forward to having the weekend to ourselves and using the time before work to tidy up the place and get everything sorted. Two happy people. :)
Landed in London after a very long 13 hours flight and this was after a very sleepless night (think I only slept for less than 3 hours). After many failed attempts at trying to sleep on the plane, I gave up and just gave in to the variety of movies over there. I watched, an English Hollywood movie, a French movie, a Japanese movie and ended off with a Chinese movie.
Getting back to London Bridge was relatively easy, Heathrow express then taking a cab back. Only thing was it was rush hour so it took me an hour to reach. Oh well. Doesn't matter, I needed to conserve energy for the big move the next day. When I got back, I had a ton of errands to run, collect laundry, collect parcels from the porters, get food (sushi) for dinner, meet the guy from the new apartment to get the keys, check out the new place... I collapsed in bed at 9pm.
Friday was a seriously hectic day. Woke up at 6a.m and scrambled to re-pack the luggage and any loose bits and bots around the house, meet the Man in a Van at 8.45a.m (Ed and Andrew came to help too) and start moving shit out of the house. It was f***ing (excuse the expletives) tiring! The 2.5 hour of non stop moving boxes from house to lift to van to lift to new house was just beyond insane. The guys had pools of sweat around their shirts and I felt bad they were doing this free labor for me. Anyhow, once we got all the stuff into the apartment (check out how much shit we both have)...
Anyway, I had no time to slack. It was unpacking time before my scheduled dinner party starts. After another amazing lunch at Jose, I went back to unpack the neverending stream of boxes. The place was small so there were not alot of places these boxes could be tucked away. At the end of 5 hours, I must admit I've been pretty good at hiding things... under the sink, under the bed, inside the kitchen cupboards...
Ed came back after he took a short nap at home and helped me unpack even more. He also bought me a house gift! White Orchids! How pretty and how sweet of him. :) Well, it wasn't long after that people started streaming in and the dinner started.
Dora had cooked everything, spinach pie, moussaka, greek dessert and salads. It was all amazing and she put in such effort in making it and bringing it here. Such a gem. :) At first, people were starting to get confused on how to get here but eventually all made it. I had 10 guests in total.
It was an amazing dinner. Everyone was open, everyone was talking, conversation was flowing, people were drinking (good wines thanks to Sam's collection) and people were laughing and smiling. It was really really good. I'm happy everything was successful and only thanks to people who were there who were open and friendly and just everything that makes them great guests to have around. :)
I am really looking forward to hosting more events like this. I think Sam would like it too.
People started leaving at about 11.30pm and they were helpful to even stay and wash the dishes (I didn't see them do it, else I would have told them there was a dishwasher!) After tidying up the apartment, I crashed into bed setting my alarm clock for 2.30am. Sam was finally coming home!!!
He came back at 3am and I gave him a grand tour of the house and we concurred that we really like this place, both of us looking forward to having the weekend to ourselves and using the time before work to tidy up the place and get everything sorted. Two happy people. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment