Monday, November 26, 2012

59. What a day! Bath, Stonehenge and Symphony Orchestra!

Amazing Amazing day! I feel back in control of how I spend my time here and happy, I just feel happy today!

Booked an impulse coach trip to Stonehenge and Bath, I would have kicked myself if I came all the way to UK and not seen them at least once!

The options for pick-up provided to me were... pick up at 7.30a.m at London Bridge (3 stops from my house) or pick up at 9.15a.m at Hammersmith (18 stops from my house, including a train change). Of course i went with the latter. I get at least 45 more mins of sleep! The bus ride was an easy 2 hour journey to Stonehenge (Click here for more photos I have put on Facebook!) and I took loads of photos and also made a new friend. Yay! Here are some shots for those too lazy to click the link.







We then made our way to Bath to see the Roman baths and explore the city. I like it, its very picturesque and the best thing about traveling alone is you dont have to explain to anyone if you want to indulge in dolce fare niente!

I really enjoyed today even though by the time I came back home, I had to RUN home and then CHANGE and RUN out quickly again cause I had planned to meet my friend to attend a concert tonight. I was sweating like a pig by the time I reached Barbican Hall but alas, I was 1 minute too late and we missed the first set. :(

I felt so guilty, I treated Michael to Champagne at a nearby lounge.

He bought the tickets and was looking forward to hearing the violin solo (he is a violin player himself) and was looking for company so I volunteered myself but I ended up making him (1) pay for the tickets (2) miss the show and the solo performance which was only playing in the first set and (3) wait for me.

I tried to make it up to him with good cheer and company though! hehe...and we managed to catch the second set which was awesome. He had purchased front row seats so I sat right in front of the Cello players and I could see everything! I could see the entire strings: Violins, the Violas, the Double Bass and the Cello section (I think I am starting to fall in love with the sound of the Cello!) I have never been so enthralled with listening to the Orchestra before but I sat there the entire second set, listening and watching and I couldn't believe an hour had passed and before I knew it, it was over! And I was truly disappointed and wanted more! Wow...

We took some cool and funny shots while waiting for the second set to start... He was trying to get me to do a brooding look but all I got was a picture that looked like I was biting my nails. OK, i'm not good at posed shots....



Well, it ended at 10pm so we then had our dinner (Italian pasta) before he walked me home. It's only 15 mins walk from my place! I hope he had a good Birthday weekend! He's only 23 years old. 3 years younger than me (ok, fine... in a few more days time, he will be 4 years younger than me. Technicalities. Pfft) What a sweet boy... He's like a little brother to me here! He does remind me of my younger cousins.... :)

No comments: