Need to start saving my posts in draft cause I want to surprise my family so can't write it in my blog but still need to pen down my thoughts. Will upload them all when I reach back to Singapore...
On Wednesday morning, realized I'm starting to cough again in London and I attribute it all to the cold weather. My body was just adjusting from 20++ degrees Celsius weather to 10+++ degrees Celsius.. and now its forced to confront the single digit coldness.
Went out with Felicia at night for Meat Liquor. I love this concept of no booking, come together, eat together where you have to queue outside with those you wanna eat, no exceptions. If any latecomers arrive, they have to join the back of the queue and not with your friends who are in front.
The place was highly recommended by one of my Msc friends so I was excited to go. The burgers were juicy and greasy and for someone who doesn't like bread, I was smacking my fingers at the end of the meal. That's my burger intake for the month done. :)
It was halloween night so when I got back there were people wearing costumes having a party at the void deck downstairs. If I were a few years younger, I might have joined in this zombie-crazed fun but I was coughing and starting to reel in from a slight fever. Crawled into bed early that night and crashed. (Well, Felicia had given me some pills and she whatsapped me to make sure I had taken the vitamin C before bed so I groggily woke up to do just that. The perks of having a Pharmacist friend. Hur Hur. Thanks babe!)
When I woke up, I looked around at my room, with the messy, unwashed bedsheets and dirty laundry, the paper-strewn table and the dishes/ pans hanging around in the kitchen... I knew I needed to skip class that morning and focus on getting my room up to par for when mummy arrives. What is she going to think of her daughter if she arrives to such an unkempt room?!
So on I went, cleaning and washing... bringing statistics down to the laundromat to read while the clothes were spinning, realize I have to send my sheets to the dryer TWICE because it does not dry in one spin.... stupid dryer. Cleaning, dusting, packing my room all for mum's arrival.
In between, I decided to be conscientious and started checking my plane ticket. shit. Realized that the agency has not ticketed it yet (unable to check in on-line via SQ website), called up the agency, they apologized for the mistake... hours later finally issued me a new ticket but this time I fly via British Airways (yucks). Sian... then it turns out that because of this, I would not be going down with mummy from Singapore to London and it just makes more sense for her to change her flight to land on Monday instead of Sunday... so that means I stayed at home to make the room nice and tidy not for her... but for myself. Cool. Well, thats one way to look at it.
Went for class in the afternoon and when it ended at 4.00p.m, was looking for stuff to do before my next class at 6.30pm.
Michael - French Guy from my Msc suggested going for a drink. woo hoo. Let's go. Had an awesome chat with him where we talked about... ... well what else can you talk about to a French guy but Love. Well, our views on it anyway and how each of us had experience it before. We shared about our experience and it was kinda nostalgic reflecting back on it, what I had, what had happened, what had chose to be given up and who I am now because I am moving on. I think this was the first time I have objectively shared it with outloud with someone.. well.. cause normally, people just don't ask about it.
Even though Thursday night had its ups and downs, I still had fun and it still ended off with a bang being fed home-made lamb kebabs which were delicious(!!) and getting a good night sleep...
Until someone called me at 3.00a,m and another at 5.00a.m.... WTF....
Friday was a horribly long day with long hours of school, I was sleepy the entire day which boded well for me cause I fell asleep on the plane back. When I reached the airport, all I wanted was to sit down (which is bloody impossible for Heathrow airport terminal 3!) All the restaurants were crowded and cafes had this unending queue which was just annoying. I looked around and saw this restaurant that looked a little pricey... what the hell, just went in, ordered myself a nice rib-eye steak and proceeded to sit down and enjoy my cosy corner until check in.
Oh a funny thing about UK immigration.... For outbound, NO ONE Stamps your passport or even looks at it! The only immigration check I had was the queue to check your bags, no officer physically looked at my passport to stamp me out of UK! How odd is that! I feel so "mountain-turtle" when I asked the airline crew if this was normal practice. Hahaha.... I guess they don't care about people flying out, only coming in....
Onwards to Singapore!
On Wednesday morning, realized I'm starting to cough again in London and I attribute it all to the cold weather. My body was just adjusting from 20++ degrees Celsius weather to 10+++ degrees Celsius.. and now its forced to confront the single digit coldness.
Went out with Felicia at night for Meat Liquor. I love this concept of no booking, come together, eat together where you have to queue outside with those you wanna eat, no exceptions. If any latecomers arrive, they have to join the back of the queue and not with your friends who are in front.
The place was highly recommended by one of my Msc friends so I was excited to go. The burgers were juicy and greasy and for someone who doesn't like bread, I was smacking my fingers at the end of the meal. That's my burger intake for the month done. :)
It was halloween night so when I got back there were people wearing costumes having a party at the void deck downstairs. If I were a few years younger, I might have joined in this zombie-crazed fun but I was coughing and starting to reel in from a slight fever. Crawled into bed early that night and crashed. (Well, Felicia had given me some pills and she whatsapped me to make sure I had taken the vitamin C before bed so I groggily woke up to do just that. The perks of having a Pharmacist friend. Hur Hur. Thanks babe!)
When I woke up, I looked around at my room, with the messy, unwashed bedsheets and dirty laundry, the paper-strewn table and the dishes/ pans hanging around in the kitchen... I knew I needed to skip class that morning and focus on getting my room up to par for when mummy arrives. What is she going to think of her daughter if she arrives to such an unkempt room?!
So on I went, cleaning and washing... bringing statistics down to the laundromat to read while the clothes were spinning, realize I have to send my sheets to the dryer TWICE because it does not dry in one spin.... stupid dryer. Cleaning, dusting, packing my room all for mum's arrival.
In between, I decided to be conscientious and started checking my plane ticket. shit. Realized that the agency has not ticketed it yet (unable to check in on-line via SQ website), called up the agency, they apologized for the mistake... hours later finally issued me a new ticket but this time I fly via British Airways (yucks). Sian... then it turns out that because of this, I would not be going down with mummy from Singapore to London and it just makes more sense for her to change her flight to land on Monday instead of Sunday... so that means I stayed at home to make the room nice and tidy not for her... but for myself. Cool. Well, thats one way to look at it.
Went for class in the afternoon and when it ended at 4.00p.m, was looking for stuff to do before my next class at 6.30pm.
Michael - French Guy from my Msc suggested going for a drink. woo hoo. Let's go. Had an awesome chat with him where we talked about... ... well what else can you talk about to a French guy but Love. Well, our views on it anyway and how each of us had experience it before. We shared about our experience and it was kinda nostalgic reflecting back on it, what I had, what had happened, what had chose to be given up and who I am now because I am moving on. I think this was the first time I have objectively shared it with outloud with someone.. well.. cause normally, people just don't ask about it.
Even though Thursday night had its ups and downs, I still had fun and it still ended off with a bang being fed home-made lamb kebabs which were delicious(!!) and getting a good night sleep...
Until someone called me at 3.00a,m and another at 5.00a.m.... WTF....
Friday was a horribly long day with long hours of school, I was sleepy the entire day which boded well for me cause I fell asleep on the plane back. When I reached the airport, all I wanted was to sit down (which is bloody impossible for Heathrow airport terminal 3!) All the restaurants were crowded and cafes had this unending queue which was just annoying. I looked around and saw this restaurant that looked a little pricey... what the hell, just went in, ordered myself a nice rib-eye steak and proceeded to sit down and enjoy my cosy corner until check in.
Oh a funny thing about UK immigration.... For outbound, NO ONE Stamps your passport or even looks at it! The only immigration check I had was the queue to check your bags, no officer physically looked at my passport to stamp me out of UK! How odd is that! I feel so "mountain-turtle" when I asked the airline crew if this was normal practice. Hahaha.... I guess they don't care about people flying out, only coming in....
Onwards to Singapore!

No comments:
Post a Comment