Wednesday, November 14, 2012

48. 49. Essay Woes

There's an essay that I must write and is due on the 16th Nov. It's about Talent Management and how recruiting has changed the way the job market is behaving.

Doing this essay has made me realized 3 things:

1) The job world as we know it is rapidly changing
2) Majority of companies are ill equipped to deal with it
3) As a working adult, you need to do much more to get a job nowadays

Finally, I feel that with this, my masters is a little more useful and relevant and I am truly gaining experience and knowledge with each product I am researching or each paragraph that I am writing.

The reason why it is taking me so long to do this paper, even though it is just 2500 words is because I constantly want to explore the new services and online products that I come across and it will momentarily take me away from the work on hand.

But it is good! This is what it is supposed to be like no? That I am studying and researching not for the sake of my grade but rather just what interests me and I want to know more about it. Went to school on Monday morning at 8.00a.m and worked on my essay till 1.00p.m. A total of 300 words came out from that, but that was cause I was exploring soo much and just constantly reading on the web about related concepts.

I feel like such a business psych geek. I love it.

On another note, musings about what I have been doing daily include meeting mom for dinner on Monday, shopping for Ryan on Monday (yay! Jie and Kor loved the clothes!) and finally going back to yoga on Tuesday afternoon and going out to a French restaurant on Tuesday night. Check out my pics on Facebook on the food I've been eating!



No comments: