Saturday, November 17, 2012

51. Sitting at St Pancras/ 01. First night in Paris

First time taking a train to another country. Cool.

First time landing in France. Cool - literally.

First time being gassed to tears by smokers who think nothing of standing closely and incessantly puffing copious amount of nicotine fumes directly into my face. Not so cool.

First time being given a poppycock excuse from a cab driver when I told him I do not wish to put my small duffel bag into the car boot. He says my bag will damage the seat so it has to go to the boot (WTF!!!). What? And my denim covered derriere will not? Or does that need to go to the boot too?

Hotel is cool though. Very opulent looking. Love the huge arched mirrors in the room, I can barely spot myself when I look in it!

Oh had a great lunch today. Went with Michael (French guy from my Msc) for Italian lunch. We had an hour to kill before our next class so we popped into this small bistro which turned out to specialize in ham and cheese! So we ordered a bottle of Lambrusco which we had to drink from 2 bowls... and our individual awesome platter of Parma Ham and mikly mozzarella cheese. YUMMY!







No comments: