I always share about my work and I share that with those around me quite often. One of the common themes we have is searching deep and finding out about your spike.
A spike is a strength that you have, deep inside that you are good at. And it is what makes you distinctive. It's what makes you unique, and in many cases, its what makes you stand out and succeed in a company. Everyone has strengths, but few know their strengths, and even few are tenacious enough to work and develop their strengths such that it becomes a real spike.
So if anyone wants a quick way of knowing what their strengths are, here's a link for you to answer some questions so you can figure out what your strengths are.
I always thought my strengths were around bringing energy and drive to the work I do. I approach tasks enthusiastically and I can round up people and galvanize them towards a common goal. When I re-did it, it threw out something completely unrelated! OMG! Only one thought came to my mind instantly. My sis is going to laugh at me because I actually mocked her about it during her wedding!
So here's what the reports say about my strengths:
And here's Sam's Top 5 which I think is quite accurate! Especially number 5! It's amazing how similar we both are. X
Character Strength # 1
Creativity
Thinking of new ways to do things is a crucial part of who you are. You are never content with doing something the conventional way if a better way is possible.
Character Strength # 2
Curiosity
You are curious about everything. You are always asking questions, and you find all subjects and topics fascinating. You like exploration and discovery.
Character Strength # 3
Judgment
Thinking things through and examining them from all sides are important aspects of who you are. You do not jump to conclusions, and you rely only on solid evidence to make your decisions. You are able to change your mind.
Character Strength # 4
Love of learning
You love learning new things, whether in a class or on your own. You have always loved school, reading, and museums-anywhere and everywhere there is an opportunity to learn.
Character Strength # 5
Perspective
Although you may not think of yourself as wise, your friends hold this view of you. They value your perspective on matters and turn to you for advice. You have a way of looking at the world that makes sense to others and to yourself.
A spike is a strength that you have, deep inside that you are good at. And it is what makes you distinctive. It's what makes you unique, and in many cases, its what makes you stand out and succeed in a company. Everyone has strengths, but few know their strengths, and even few are tenacious enough to work and develop their strengths such that it becomes a real spike.
So if anyone wants a quick way of knowing what their strengths are, here's a link for you to answer some questions so you can figure out what your strengths are.
I always thought my strengths were around bringing energy and drive to the work I do. I approach tasks enthusiastically and I can round up people and galvanize them towards a common goal. When I re-did it, it threw out something completely unrelated! OMG! Only one thought came to my mind instantly. My sis is going to laugh at me because I actually mocked her about it during her wedding!
So here's what the reports say about my strengths:
Your Top Strength
|
Capacity to love and be loved
You value close relations with others, in particular those in which sharing and caring are reciprocated. The people to whom you feel most close are the same people who feel most close to you. |
Your Second Strength
|
Love of learning
You love learning new things, whether in a class or on your own. You have always loved school, reading, and museums-anywhere and everywhere there is an opportunity to learn. |
Your Third Strength
|
Creativity, ingenuity, and originality
Thinking of new ways to do things is a crucial part of who you are. You are never content with doing something the conventional way if a better way is possible. |
Your Fourth Strength
|
Zest, enthusiasm, and energy
Regardless of what you do, you approach it with excitement and energy. You never do anything halfway or halfheartedly. For you, life is an adventure. |
Your Fifth Strength
|
Judgment, critical thinking, and
open-mindedness
Thinking things through and examining them from all sides are important aspects of who you are. You do not jump to conclusions, and you rely only on solid evidence to make your decisions. You are able to change your mind. |
And here's Sam's Top 5 which I think is quite accurate! Especially number 5! It's amazing how similar we both are. X
Character Strength # 1
Creativity
Thinking of new ways to do things is a crucial part of who you are. You are never content with doing something the conventional way if a better way is possible.
Character Strength # 2
Curiosity
You are curious about everything. You are always asking questions, and you find all subjects and topics fascinating. You like exploration and discovery.
Character Strength # 3
Judgment
Thinking things through and examining them from all sides are important aspects of who you are. You do not jump to conclusions, and you rely only on solid evidence to make your decisions. You are able to change your mind.
Character Strength # 4
Love of learning
You love learning new things, whether in a class or on your own. You have always loved school, reading, and museums-anywhere and everywhere there is an opportunity to learn.
Character Strength # 5
Perspective
Although you may not think of yourself as wise, your friends hold this view of you. They value your perspective on matters and turn to you for advice. You have a way of looking at the world that makes sense to others and to yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment