Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It's time to get self-motivated

Been feeling like i've been running the hamster wheel for the past 2 weeks. It's all about work and nothing else, well maybe some dinner dates with friends here and there. But this drone of working and churning out endless reports have not abated, if anything it will probably keep gaining momentum. Doesn't change anything that Sam's back, in fact, it gives me the license to be more absorbed at work knowing my personal life is sorted. (Does it make sense? In some skewed reality, it really does!) And I find myself settling for a routine of work, home, weekend, work, home. And if there is one thing I know about myself: Stacey doesn't settle.

Reading a book called Drive at the moment. Its quite a good book that debunks the traditional notion of motivation and how everyone needs a deeper, intrinsic, more satisfying reason to do things besides money. I think after traveling for so long, doing soooo many things in London last year... I have lost my drive to do more, I have lost my drive to discover and to be curious. I have become pessimistic and worst, I have become lazy in finding out what is out there. I have lost the very things that made me who I am or have forgotten that I am at the happiest when I'm busy and I'm at the happiest when I'm discovering new things. In a nutshell, in some ways, I have lost my spirit and myself.

So here are a few things I would like to do and get my spirit back:

1) I want to reignite my love for languages. I want to learn a language not because it is useful (like spanish) but because I truly want to learn how to speak it properly. I want to learn Japanese. Sponsors anyone? :P

2) Quite fancy keeping studying. I've checked online, there are a few courses that I can take up over the weekend and at night. Some of it are free. I invite anyone to join Coursera with me and we can go figure out new things together in a geeky way!

3) Need to grab a hobby or something and I need to fiddle with something while i'm off work. Else i'm just going to sit and grow fat, eating instant noodles! So my next mission is to search for an interesting hobby I can work on during the weekends!

4) Get back to my exercise regime! It's time to work off that belly creeping in. Gonna force myself to go down for hot yoga regularly and there's no excuse really. Even when i'm at home, I should make proper use of my weights and pump some of that iron.

5) Mix around? That's what Sam tells me I should do. Find new people? Meet more? Meh? I think I still need time to ease into that one. There's something about my wonderful life and circle of friends I do have currently I'm quite satisfied with.. Wish I could do more to mix with people at work though but they all do seem to have their own families to rush back to after work. Oh well. We'll take things at a time.



No comments: