Sunday, October 20, 2013

New experiences with some highs and lows

Can't really recall what happened last week. It was just a sprint to get to Saturday to see Sam return. But I did know there were some tears in between, some laughter, fun nights out and of course, cool dinners.

Went to the opera and saw madamme butterfly. It was quite cool cause it was my first time at an opera, but did not like the reference of how a white guy treats an Asian girl and the bitter ending at the end. But still an interesting experience, do still prefer the faster pace musicals.

Had a really cheap dinner around the corner of my office. Soup plus steaks and chips and it was all for 7 pounds per person. Amazing what vouchers and a sharp eye can get you in London.

Finally exercised my chances to speak in the interviews, well needless to say I suck at it but its to be expected since i'm new at it and it takes practice to get better. I'm really not used to not being good at things.

Anyhow, got quite homesick during the week and was thinking alot about Singapore and my family back home so that was quite a difficult day too. Glad I'm heading back in November for an event.

Went back to UCL as part of some guest lecture that my chairman spoke in. But also jumped in and addedmy two bits worth. It's been awhile since I spoke in front of an audience and I do miss that.

Did lots of cooking on days I wasnt out. Mum and sis would be proud of all the veggies I eat on my own! :P

Opened my eyes on Saturday morning and saw Sam striding into the house, luggage and all and everything instantly became better . We went for a tasting menu at a place just outside our house and it was lovely just being able to talk and offload emotional baggage. Ok I kid you not about this place... you can eat the freaking candle! and the flowers! and all sortsa wonderful stuff! Great day to start the weekend.









No comments: