Sunday, October 06, 2013

Preparing for a bumpy ride...

So, Sam called  to tell me he is going to be in Australia for 1 more week. Well, can't deny I was upset about it but what can we do? It's a new job, impressions need to be made and bosses need to be happy. We're both pretty much resigned to it, we both sulked a little and then because there's nothing that can be done, we picked off where we left off and carried on with our stuff.

I know he probably did everything he could (within reason) to come back as soon as possible. I also know if we didn't have each other, he wouldn't care if they told him he will be staying out there for another month or so. So, I'm just mightily happy that he wants to come back as much as I do. Time apart has certainly convinced us more and more that we will pull through this and make it work and I know it sounds cheesy, but deep down, I'm quite certain we will both find a way to end up together.

It's amazing how far we've both come after meeting exactly one year ago. A Londoner, A Singaporean, A Banker, A Student, No mutual friends, completely met by chance and see how much things have turned since then. One year ago if you were to ask him, he wouldn't have dreamed that he would be working for another bank, in HK or be in a long distance relationship. One year ago if you were to ask me (and this is quite funny looking back...), I had promised Accenture I would return to work for them and my No. 1 checklist for the next guy went something like this: Must be Asian. Haha, I laugh at how silly and naïve I was. When the right guy comes, well in this case, when the right guy dances their way into your life... you just never know what to expect but just be pleasantly surprised and enjoy the ride ahead, no matter how bumpy it seems to be getting.

No comments: