Friday, August 09, 2013

Update

Just got wind of the delay that YSC has told me about my visa application to London. They are still committed to bringing me onboard but it is going to take longer than expected for them to obtain a sponsorship license with the government. That means my start date is a little later than planned, probably starting in October. In the meantime, I have already sent off my resignation letter to Accenture and accepted YSC's offer, what is left for now is just a waiting game to get my visa.

That. And my dissertation. Yup, the fire is up my ass now, it's time to get moving and turn the heat up and start doing it. Hopefully aim to finish it by end of August and be back in Singapore for a good 2 to 3 weeks before moving in with Sam, start a new and working life in London.

Have I got excited yet? Not really. Not until I know its a firm definite truth that I will be working in London at a new company. Truly, until I get that working visa in my hands, then I can be assured of the reality. Of course, i'm also bogged down a little with financial worries, I'm reaching below my comfort level of buffer and well, I have been spending alot in the last holiday, amazing as it was. I also don't wanna depend too much on Sam, don't wanna be in a situation where I'm sponging off him… anyway, I guess I have enough to get me through if i spend wisely and not be too indulgent.

So thats the update. Gonna finish my essay, well predict I'm gonna be spending day and nights hammering on it and come back to Singapore for a good three weeks and then head back to London, this time for a very long time I suppose. Had a talk with Sam, he has his reservations about living together, well who wouldn't. Still, excited and very happy.

No comments: