I remember the days I use to attend Mass and I like the part where we turn to each other and bow and go, "peace be with you", "peace be with you".
Such powerful blessing to give one another because the feeling of being in peace is unparalleled. You are filled with emotions that range neither good nor bad, you are still, you are aware, you are relaxed and yet alert. You can be doing something mundane and yet be smiling, you can be facing deadlines but yet still feel relaxed. You don't need to ask needless questions because the answers are not important, you know that everything has its time and place and God will make everything right.
I know this feeling... I've experienced it at times, but not often enough. When I sit down in the middle of nowhere, perfectly content and in touch with my present, completely concentrating on the task and the emotions it is invoking. I feel at peace when I stretch myself to the limit after yoga and there comes a moment of stillness. I feel at peace when I listen to songs and meditate on the lyrics, imagining how the singer must have felt when she wrote it. I feel at peace just before I sleep knowing I am safe. I feel at peace when I close my eyes, whisper a prayer and can feel His presence surround me.
Everytime I meet my friends, I'll ask a simple question, "Are you happy?"... maybe that should change to "are you at peace?"
Are you at peace with yourself? With your decisions? With you life? With the person next to you? Even with all the troubles and deadlines you are facing? Are you at peace with how you dealt with whoever that morning? Are you at peace?
Such powerful blessing to give one another because the feeling of being in peace is unparalleled. You are filled with emotions that range neither good nor bad, you are still, you are aware, you are relaxed and yet alert. You can be doing something mundane and yet be smiling, you can be facing deadlines but yet still feel relaxed. You don't need to ask needless questions because the answers are not important, you know that everything has its time and place and God will make everything right.
I know this feeling... I've experienced it at times, but not often enough. When I sit down in the middle of nowhere, perfectly content and in touch with my present, completely concentrating on the task and the emotions it is invoking. I feel at peace when I stretch myself to the limit after yoga and there comes a moment of stillness. I feel at peace when I listen to songs and meditate on the lyrics, imagining how the singer must have felt when she wrote it. I feel at peace just before I sleep knowing I am safe. I feel at peace when I close my eyes, whisper a prayer and can feel His presence surround me.
Everytime I meet my friends, I'll ask a simple question, "Are you happy?"... maybe that should change to "are you at peace?"
Are you at peace with yourself? With your decisions? With you life? With the person next to you? Even with all the troubles and deadlines you are facing? Are you at peace with how you dealt with whoever that morning? Are you at peace?
No comments:
Post a Comment