Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Getting back in the mood of things

Been occupied with just two things lately, ok three things: Dissertation, Holidays and Apartment. Ok let me add in a fourth thing, Job.

Dissertation - both data analysis and report write-up. Hopefully everything should be done by mid-July so I can enjoy my holidays and then get back to writing it in August. Well, considering its now 10th July, I do have little hope I can accomplish that. To top it off, I can't seem to come up with a decent conclusion based on my crappy data. Oh well, problems I need to resolve to get that Masters. The plan is to get the structure and overall findings by today and then during my holidays, do continual reading of research papers and when I return, to start and finish the report.

Holidays and Vacation - Planning 4 weeks of Holidays with Sam. Starting Amsterdam, down to HK then SGP then the big finale... Namibia! And rather complicated flight paths but I guess that's normal for any travels to Africa. So here is the flight plan:

11th Jul: London - Amsterdam
14th Jul -15th Jul: Amsterdam - London - Dubai - Hong Kong
18th Jul: Hong Kong - Singapore
22nd Jul: Singapore - Dubai - Johannesburg - Windhoek
7th Aug: Windhoek - Johannesburg - Dubai - London

Almost a month of holidaying, 7 countries, massive hole in our pockets to pay for the round-the-world-trip flight and holiday accomodations. I'm super duper excited bout the trip to Namibia!

Apartment wise, my lease ends in August so I need to start finding a place to stay from September to December 2013. Will be moving together with Sam so that should be another exciting chapter in my life! Albeit for just a few months but still quite hopeful things will turn out well. The only problem is that London doesnt seem too keen on renting out apartments for just 3 months. Those that do seem to charge quite high for it. Sigh... just keep looking lor. On top of that, I have to look for a place to stay on my own in 2014. But i think that should be relatively easy to do.

As for my job... I still have not heard back from YSC on a revised contract. So, things are a bit unclear on their end. (I never expected they would be sooo slow!) I was rejected for the job in Singapore by that small consulting place, they say I was too big for them to take care of me. Erm, whatever.  Accenture, however has been very good to me. They have been keeping in touch with me and they have been reaching out to me on potential opportunities both in London and in Asia. Wow, i feel absolutely appreciated and slightly torn about my decision to leave. :( It's not going to be easy when I type out the resignation email! :(



No comments: