Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Another Weekend

It's Wednesday, sitting in Starbucks to pass the time while the morning traffic winds down and then I should be able to get onto the tube without any hassle.

It was quite an active weekend for me last week. Went to Haggerston Market with Dora and Sam before ending it off with drinks on Friday night at Portside Parlor, this speakeasy Rum place which you have to get to by going through the toilet. Seriously, I kid you not. We didn't want the night to end so we went on to Dalston to catch another beer in a pub.. oh what a boozy night.

On Saturday morning, in my flustered and half-hungover state, I woke up early and finished all my notes to my exams and even managed to scan them into my computer should something untoward happen to them. It was a very good and productive 2 hours of non stop studying. I should always do this, go out, enjoy myself then get worried sick I would not be able to accomplish anything which will then spur me on to be more effective. Yup, Stacey only works best under pressure.

Oh well, by lunch time, changed and met Sam, his sister Milly and their cousin, Jaime for Rock Climbing at The Reach. It was time to put my belaying and rock climbing skills to the test! I have not rock climbed in a while so was pretty surprised to find that I could still do it! Woo Hoo! I could do the Very Difficult (VD), Severe (S) and Hard Severe (HS) level quite comfortably. That is Cool. The guys were on the 5a to 6a level and yup, my preference is still to do belaying than rock climbing. I'm glad I got my rock climbing certification sorted out in Singapore, they do not check you when you are here and anyone can pretty much belay anyone. Lots of trust in this country. You will never get that in Singapore... you'd need a proper SNCS Level 1 cert. I might just go and do a top rope climbing course.... Well why not right? :)



Anyway, after climbing, we made our way to the badminton court at Barbican. I was pretty much fixated about playing badminton that weekend so forced everyone to join. Alex joined too and together we sweated it all out. Played 3 sets of duo and 1 set of singles. It was fun and a good exercise, might do it all over again! :)


By the time we finished badminton it was 6pm and bear in mind, I haven't eaten anything the whole day yet. I was starving but also very tired (slept little hours, exercised the whole day plus no food!). Sam and Milly started preparing bouillabaisse for dinner which was amazing but took such a long time to cook! Started at 7 and they were only done at 9.30! In my half-sleepy state, I crept over to Sam's room and slept while they cooked. Felt so guilty for doing that but couldn't help it!!! My body just shut down!

Anyway, the night went on with cards, wine and lots of good food. This brother and sister duo really can cook! :) Good good day. Who cares about studying? :)

No comments: