Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Alright. Update number 1: Venice

Alright, finally! An update on my trip to Venice, basically I'll just let the pictures do the talking (or rather the showing... hur hur I'm so funny) and you can determine how pretty/ rainy/ iconic Venice was.

For those who do not know... (and you know who you are), Venice is in Italy (Not Austria, that's Vienna). It was a 2 hour flight from London Gatwick Airport (so far... a super ulu place to go and one confusing airport!) to Venice Marco Polo Airport. The day we landed, we got ourselves the rolling card (unlimited travel within Venice), figured out the bus that heads to the city, got onto a water bus - Vaparetto, walked through the maze of this quaint little Island and found our hotel! Sebastiano Garden Hotel. I think we did pretty well in terms of directions for two Asian Girls. :P

Alright, Felicia has updated her blog on the three days of what we did in Venice, so to read more about what we did daily, click: Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3 (Haha, this saves me the trouble of typing it all out. hehehe thanks Feli!)

I on the other hand, will take the lazy way out and describe everything in a simplified, childlike manner.

1. Look at the pretty colors on the walls! This was when we went to another island called BURANO. For artistic purpose, I also took pictures of the flower pots they display outside their house window. This makes me realize how a small gesture of beauty can transform and make an entire setting approachable. 
 

2.  Look at the amazing architecture and all this was just in a church! If only our churches in Singapore had but a fraction of the beauty and style that this, or any other church in Europe has....



3. Of course any trip to Venice would be incomplete without pictures of the water and the Gondola. Even though it was raining, I was content to splash around. After all, I did pay an exorbitant amount for good water-resistant jacket and not to mention my ultra-reliable-hardly-worn wellington boots. And you all know how much of a water creature I am... so being in Venice, surrounded by all that water... taking boats like how people take buses... aah... dream come true!




 4. Foodie pics! Last but not least, what trip would be complete without the consumption of any alcohol? I found a blog that described a pub crawl route to figure out when in Venice. On the first night, determined to crack this route, we befriended another tourist (Korean student) and we tottered along to the small and dark alleys, going into the venetian pubs where no one speaks English and we had the most amazing, fun and spontaneous night we could have! :D

We must have gone to at least 5 different pubs that night, all located all around Venice Island. It was quite an adventure. Below are some food and wine pictures. They serve small tapas we can point and snack on at each bar. Most were very good! We even had oysters and parma ham! Well for the second night, Feli and I did it again, but this time we stuck closer to home and only pub crawled to about 2 or 3 places, including a gelateria. Haha... Well, you're in Italy... you need ham, wine, cheese and Gelato.












5. Overall, I must say I know I was supposed to come here with someone... but oh well.... even when you plan things a year (or two) in advance, you never know what might happen. All I can say is, I'm glad im not waiting for anyone to ask me before getting off my butt and start looking at the world through my own eyes. :)

No comments: