Now and then, it's easy to succumb to tears. Can't stop reliving the past, thinking of the what-ifs, the pleas and the prayers.
My heart is aching.
I remember you. Your pain, your tears, your fears that you don't show anyone, your prayer, your words, your actions, your smile, your quiet strength and above all, your love. And then I remember the scenes I know all too well and I can't stop myself again.
I know I can't do anything but send prayers.
I don't want anything to happen to you and I get so scared each time I think that something will. I keep thinking and thinking and crying and crying.. always repeating the same prayers.
"May the Lord show His mercy upon you
May the light of His presence be your guide
May He guard you and uphold you
May His spirit be ever by your side.
When you sleep, may His angels watch over you
Keep you safe as you journey on your way
May He lead you and inspire you
As He grants you the gift of each new day"
O Great God, be small enough to hear me now,
There have been moments when I was crying from the dark of Daniel's den
I have asked you once or twice if you would part the sea again
But tonight I do not need a fiery pillar in the sky
Just wanna know you're gonna hold me if I start to cry
O Great God, be small enough to hear me now.
My heart is aching.
I remember you. Your pain, your tears, your fears that you don't show anyone, your prayer, your words, your actions, your smile, your quiet strength and above all, your love. And then I remember the scenes I know all too well and I can't stop myself again.
I know I can't do anything but send prayers.
I don't want anything to happen to you and I get so scared each time I think that something will. I keep thinking and thinking and crying and crying.. always repeating the same prayers.
"May the Lord show His mercy upon you
May the light of His presence be your guide
May He guard you and uphold you
May His spirit be ever by your side.
When you sleep, may His angels watch over you
Keep you safe as you journey on your way
May He lead you and inspire you
As He grants you the gift of each new day"
O Great God, be small enough to hear me now,
There have been moments when I was crying from the dark of Daniel's den
I have asked you once or twice if you would part the sea again
But tonight I do not need a fiery pillar in the sky
Just wanna know you're gonna hold me if I start to cry
O Great God, be small enough to hear me now.
1 comment:
Amen! Feel what you are feeling too mei... "God hears our prayers and answers them", that's what we always teach in Sunday school. Let us hold that faith and know that Ron will be ok.
Post a Comment