One more week left before Term 1 of school closes. Time sure flies by quickly eh? I've been studying here for one term already, one more and then Summer and then i'm done! That's $20000 tuition fees gone just like that.
Last week seemed to be a blur and was caught up in schoolwork. End of term so lots of assignments due and lots to bring back to do over the Christmas break. Sian.
Over the weekend, I visited Brick Lane market which had loads of artsy and vintage clothes one can buy. As I was walking back home, I passed by an East London Design Show that was held at Shoreditch Town hall. Managed to take some pictures of this small little market just to show that most markets in London looks like this, little knick-knacks (or TATS as I have learnt) and quirky artwork to purchase.
Look at the menu they have! Singapore Tofu noodles! We don't even have that in Singapore.... I bought it and it just looked like bee hoon soaked in gravy. Super not up to par.
Apparently a very very very good venison burger which I will come back soon to try.
Anyway, when I got home ready to hole up my Saturday night studying and preparing for presentations, decided to use up all my food in the fridge and stir-fry vege, tofu and beef marinated in bulgogi sauce. I thought it was rather nice!
Well, received a call from Feli and I persuaded her to head out to London Bridge for a girl's night out. So at about 9pm, I donned my winter jacket and hopped down to Bermondsey Street where Feli and I enjoyed cured ham with our Tiramisu Cocktails! We didnt wanna stay late but it was already past midnight when I got home. Feeling guilty for not studying much at night, I stayed up till 4.30a.m to work on my statistics and my paper! Woah... you can imagine how knackered I was when I woke up on Sunday morning for Church!
By the way, here is a picture of how my Church looks like. I'm glad I managed to drag my feet there. It was a good service.
Late arvo, I headed to Greenwich which was just 20 mins away from London. You can check it out here http://www.visitgreenwich.org.uk/.Wanted to spend more time here but the person I went with (1) woke up late so we didnt reach there as planned and (2) had to go off for dinner so we couldnt stay as long as planned. In the end, we explored Greenwich market, had sushi, mulled wine and walked in the Greenwich park and explore some of the local shops there. In UK now, the sun sets at about 4pm and by 5, everything is dark. But the city lights do make up for the early darkness and it does get very pretty now and then.
Tried to sleep early on Sunday but my mind was on the exam on Monday and the huge assignments due on Friday. I couldnt relax one bit so my sleep was quite restless. Even though I went to bed at 11pm, kept waking up though and when I woke up this morning for my final Stats paper... I was knackered!
Had to buy this baby to keep me awake!
Oh and by the way, Stacey passed her Stats Exam!!!!
Last week seemed to be a blur and was caught up in schoolwork. End of term so lots of assignments due and lots to bring back to do over the Christmas break. Sian.
Over the weekend, I visited Brick Lane market which had loads of artsy and vintage clothes one can buy. As I was walking back home, I passed by an East London Design Show that was held at Shoreditch Town hall. Managed to take some pictures of this small little market just to show that most markets in London looks like this, little knick-knacks (or TATS as I have learnt) and quirky artwork to purchase.
On the way back, I passed by a food market that was near my place!
Look at the menu they have! Singapore Tofu noodles! We don't even have that in Singapore.... I bought it and it just looked like bee hoon soaked in gravy. Super not up to par.
Apparently a very very very good venison burger which I will come back soon to try.
Anyway, when I got home ready to hole up my Saturday night studying and preparing for presentations, decided to use up all my food in the fridge and stir-fry vege, tofu and beef marinated in bulgogi sauce. I thought it was rather nice!
Well, received a call from Feli and I persuaded her to head out to London Bridge for a girl's night out. So at about 9pm, I donned my winter jacket and hopped down to Bermondsey Street where Feli and I enjoyed cured ham with our Tiramisu Cocktails! We didnt wanna stay late but it was already past midnight when I got home. Feeling guilty for not studying much at night, I stayed up till 4.30a.m to work on my statistics and my paper! Woah... you can imagine how knackered I was when I woke up on Sunday morning for Church!
By the way, here is a picture of how my Church looks like. I'm glad I managed to drag my feet there. It was a good service.
Late arvo, I headed to Greenwich which was just 20 mins away from London. You can check it out here http://www.visitgreenwich.org.uk/.Wanted to spend more time here but the person I went with (1) woke up late so we didnt reach there as planned and (2) had to go off for dinner so we couldnt stay as long as planned. In the end, we explored Greenwich market, had sushi, mulled wine and walked in the Greenwich park and explore some of the local shops there. In UK now, the sun sets at about 4pm and by 5, everything is dark. But the city lights do make up for the early darkness and it does get very pretty now and then.
Had to buy this baby to keep me awake!
Oh and by the way, Stacey passed her Stats Exam!!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment