Monday, February 20, 2006

Recount BKK

I thought it was a very bad time to go with my unfinished assignment, unresolved personal relationship matters and just this overall unwillingness to board the plane and fly a million miles away form Singapore. But, the tickets were booked and I dragged my reluctant self to the airport clinging on protectively to my laptop and my phone, the only things that will connect me back home.

My plane was delayed from 10.30p.m to 11p.m, sat on Finnish Airway and this flying experience has to go to one of my top charts of most unpleasant, jerkiest, hair-raising flights I have taken. I dread the return trip.

Landed at Bangkok time 12.25 a.m. (Singapore time 1.25a.m) and there was a mix up within the family members (there are 10 of us on this journey) which caused us to arrive at the hotel, Pathuwan Princess, only around 1.30p.m. Checked in, couldn’t be bothered to unpack, just curled myself up onto the couch (which would be my bed for the remainder of the trip) and concussed.

Woke up on Saturday morn and head straight down to the gym which was beautiful, it was huge, there were all sorts of equipment, it was clean and most importantly, they provided head phones and TV! =p Did about an hour of gym and bathed and headed out for a grand feast at Oyishi Grand. I love this Japanese Buffet with international servings, it costs only 30 SGD and it is more than worth it. After about 2 hours of munching, my family split up to go shopping. Visited the new platinum fashion mall with my sis and I concur that THAT is the new MBK of Bangkok. I mean, MBK itself has cheap stuff (8 SGD a shirt) but this platinum place, oh my, its dirt cheap (3.60 SGD a shirt/ 0.30 SGD for a pair of earrings).

Head back to the hotel and went to swim laps. By this time, the guilt that has been mounting up for not doing my assignment nagged at me and I went back to the hotel and was there trying to solve an unsolvable puzzle AKA CAT the entire night. =( But, I suppose, all was not lost since I still managed to spend some online time with him. Slept at 2.00a.m and went to sleep, problems still unsolved and guilt still there. You would think that talking to him online would actually ease my missing him, but somehow, it just intensified it even more.

Had a horrible sleep and woke up cranky (you do not want to see me in this mood ever). Wanted to go down to the gym but was coughing too badly to do anything strenuous. I was in such a sour mood the entire morning, but Ron Ron managed to cheer me up by offering to carry my backpack for me. Haha, it was hilarious caused it looked so small on his back, managed to take a photo of him. And then he told me amusing stories of his days in CJC and that cheered me up. Hooray.

Shopped some more, went back to the hotel because the entire family had an appointment with my aunt’s ex colleague/good friend. Went over to their place for a visit and their house was HUGE. Took a wonderful seafood dinner with all of them and during my dinner, had two exquisite phone calls from Singapore. =) Goodness, the day certainly bounced all the way up eh?
So after yet another sleepless night, woke up really early and left for another hour of gym. Feeling so fat on this trip, all the mirrors are all so unflattering and to make it worse, our suite has a weighing machine in the room! How do u not expect a girl to feel fat with all these circumstances?

So now, on Monday morning, im typing this before we head home. I cant wait to head home, i can't wait.

No comments: