Thursday, April 06, 2006

still applicable...

How odd this is truly.
A dancing string I see.
It prances, flits and hovers
Directly in front of me.

I try to grab hold of it
But it escapes my willful hands
And the more I look for it
The more it eludes my sense

And look what this string is doing
It is haughtily taunting me
I am teased mercilessly
With its pranks and trickery

O how troublesome this is
O how naughty this little string
Tripping me everywhere i
nterfering with everything

Some say this string is my life
connected to my very vein
whatever the hell it is,
To me, its just a pain.

Oh yes, I have done it
I have torn that little thing
No more fears, no more hurts
No more sorrowful feeling

Alas, what’s this I find
My own blood spilling more
Thank goodness there's no more string
Because what's left of me is on the floor.

- Stacey (2002)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

heh.. macabre, i like... sorry peeps but have a feeling that im reverting back to my suppressed, despondent and exhausted state of mind. make way for gloomy me...